• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

speakers under dash

boldtu

what size are they? barry made some really cool enclosures out of big PVC piping. sounds goofy but its very nicely done. i was going to do it but with my a/c and extra fuse boxes i just didnt have room

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

than under the dash as the sound propagates better. I hate to cut unnecessary holes in my car, so I took flush mount speakers, cut out some mounts from scrap pieces of 2x6 on a band saw (I think I glued two pieces together to get the proper thickness), covered the sides with black vinyl upholstery and mounted them to the cowl sides with long screws. I then fastened the speakers to the wood and snapped the speaker covers on. If I ever want to remove 'em the mounting holes will disappear into the carpet and be unnoticeable.

Just be sure and mount the left one low enough to clear the hood relsease handle.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Chet, you're welcome to stop by and check mine out. I've got them mounted under the dash on both my cars. The kick panels are probably better for sound, it depends what's more important, hidden speakers or better sound.

John Capoccia

Sierra Madre, CA

I put 4" separates in my kick panels under the dash. I made some custom aluminum mounts for the tweeters to get them aimed correctly. Sound is awesome. I do not have pics at this time, but if you email me, I will take some and send them to you.

Good Luck,

Mike (#87)

barry made some really cool enclosures out of big PVC piping. sounds goofy but its very nicely done.

I need to see pictures of this.

multiple little projects I haven't gotten to............

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

• 4 months later...