• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice on product to clean/polish tail light lenses?

Grover

OK, then!  Looks like well designed circuit boards, did you buy them from a guy who does LED conversions or make them yourself?  I saw a post at one time linking to a shop, I think I recall the set selling for like $350.

Another question - do they have any LEDs facing out through the hole in the back into the trunk, like the original lights do? 

If no, are you planning to install a trunk light using another fixture?

Andy the tail light guy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"  [mailto:mobrighta@comcast.net]

Lighting Upgrades for E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39 - front & back
Tail Light upgrades keep them off your tail, out of your trunk;
Headlight film keeps your 'eyes' from being scratched out or broken.

• 1 month later...

I purchased them from Steve at Classic Auto LEDS. They look like a great product and cannot wait to test but I still have a lot of wire to install. The kit has LEDs for twilight, turn, and brake light. You use a stands bulb for reverse. I will put a picture up when I get it working.

1972 2002tii

1975 911

2003 Tacoma

• 1 year later...

I have a set of LED conversion lights in a 71 roundie from ClassicAutoLeds (the same ones on the Blunt site).  I don't have another person to take the pic or to hold the brake so I have no photo, but I received a comment from another 02er and the MidAmerica02Fest that the lights are really bright.  When the brake is applied the normal tail light comes on along with the brake light segment.  I don't recall what happens if the lights are on if the tail light becomes any brighter.  Download the instructions from the Classic site.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

6 minutes ago, jimk said:

I have a set of LED conversion lights in a 71 roundie from ClassicAutoLeds (the same ones on the Blunt site).  I don't have another person to take the pic or to hold the brake so I have no photo, but I received a comment from another 02er and the MidAmerica02Fest that the lights are really bright.  When the brake is applied the normal tail light comes on along with the brake light segment.  I don't recall what happens if the lights are on if the tail light becomes any brighter.  Download the instructions from the Classic site.

Looks like a really nice kit they put together. I could only imagine how bright they are. Now I need to decide on the kit or some projector headlight's. Decision's, decisions. 

Thanks for the reply really appreciate it

I think you can find some that will. 

There's a bulb number reference in the tech articles on the board here. 

Find a compatible LED that's the color and brightness you want. The Amazon LEDs I linked are red. 

If you use LEDs in your signal bulb housings,I think it's likely your dash turn signal indicator won't flash due to lower resistance in the circuit. 

There are workarounds for that, though.

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.