• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am a sick puppy, I bought another one last night

Gordon

Gang,

Since I totaled my daughters 89 E30 325i 5 speed sedan last month, I've been looking for something to replace it with. A friend tipped me off on a 85 Euro spec E28 525e 5 speed that was posted last night in the Ventura County Craigslist. I called the seller this morning and I went after work to Santa Barbara to take a look at the car, drove it and bought it for what the insurance company gave me for the E30, $1.8K. It's a project car, the clear coat paint on the polaris paint is shot, but the body is straight and no rust. The engine runs good, interior needs some work, I have a stack or receipts to include all the DOT/EPA paperwork and the original German dealer window sticker. This is a rare CA blue plate car, imported straight from the dealer in Germany by the importer in 85 and federalized at the height of the gray market era. It spent maybe a few months in Germany before it came to CA and it's been here ever since. No rust on the car. This would be a perfect candidate to drop in a 3.5L with the Euro look. I'll let my daughter drive it for a few months before I decide what I want to do with it. Decisions, decisions, etc...I need to do some work on it in the meantime before my daughter starts driving it. I was looking for another E30 5 speed sedan but when I saw this car, I knew I couldn't let a non enthusiast own it. I can't remember the last time I saw a Euro spec E28.

This E28 is my third Euro spec BMW, I have a

-70 E3 2800 http://www.coupeking.com/product_id-407.html

-81 E12 528iA http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/bimmerfan02/Gordon%20E12/

G-Man

91 318i (girlfriends DD)

89 325i (RIP, great parts car)

86 325 eta 5 speed (youngest daughters DD)

85 525e Euro spec (new toy/project)

81 528iA Euro spec (time warp, will convert soon to a 5 speed)

74 2002tii (many mods)

70 2800 Euro spec, stock

96 4Runner (parts hauler)

post-545-13667600863841_thumb.jpg

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Very cool car! I had an '88 535is and it is still going strong for the new owner - it is up to 340,000 miles last time I talked to him! I always wanted to do the euro bumper/headlights conversion on it.

If you haven't already found it - mye28.com - great group of guys and a lot of good info on there.

'76 02 (Pastellblau - my 1st car - owned since 1992)
'04 330i zhp (Monaco Blue)

'07 328i 6spd (Titanium Silver)

'11 X3 (Alpine White)

drive the hell out of the slut and don't let your daughter get near it (unless she is QUALITY) A Euro E28 is an object of lust! and the clear coat loss is a small price to pay.

Clyde Gates BMW CCA #19280

2009 Rav4 (wife's ride)

06 Toyota PU (Parts hauler)

89 325ic

75 2002 (parts)

74 2002 (Pigcheeks project)

73 2002 (auto to fi stick project)

70/75 2002 rolling