• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

End of an era...

JsnPpp

Well, the time has finally come to accept that we have moved from California... After 35 years, 442 KCF has finally been taken down:

CA_Plate.JPG

And is now this:

TX_Plate.JPG

Austin is pretty strict on out-of-state registration, but frankly I have been running on expired tags for 2 years (it's always insured butI work from home and don't drive much) and I should have done it a long time ago. It was really hard for me to do! I just didn't want to give up my "blue plate"...

I guess I need to be a New York Giants fan now... :-)

-Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

my Tii is wearing South Dakota plates in the home of 6 generations of Delks.

The only home I own is in the Black Hills.

An Ur oppa pulled out in front of me without looking I stopped but the 4 light grill on was almost gone ......

Life in small town Texas.

Thanks - original car color is Baikal blue metallic. When we repainted it, we went with AlaskaBlau metallic - a '74 Tii color. It's nice too and has a bit of a mind of it's own - sometimes it's dark blue, sometimes light blue and sometimes purple!

It will someday go back to Baikal...

-Jason

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

I agree, the bolts I had were ratty and before I put the holder back on I wanted to buy some new ones.

Go Jayhawks!

-Jason

The State of Texas is very particular about license plate borders - even though a lot of people have them. The border cannot cover up any part of the word "Texas". If it does, that's something they can ticket you for. A good friend's wife got pulled over for speeding, and they tacked that onto her ticket.

Be careful.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/traffic/texasplate.asp

Ken

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

said "Hook 'em Horns" you'd never have a problem...

Hook 'em Horns

(yes, I'm a Longhorns fan living in Ohio...guess who I'm rooting for at the Fiesta Bowl)

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

In case you don't know, Texas allows you to use Year of Manufacture (YOM) Plates. This links gives you some info http://www.turnerplates.com/index.html. The info on the TX DOT link is hard to find.

Also if this is not your daily driver, check out the antique car registration $50+/- for 5 years instead of $50 every year plus safety inspection is not required. You can order a reproduction YOM inspection sticker.

Chris Ward

1970 Sahara 2002

Houston, TX