• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

window adjustment info

robsanab

not finding a lot on details of window adjustment... is there any write-up anywhere??

Keith's Tii site has some tips but nothing involved. the FAQ doesn't address the issues I see.

my car is all done at the paint shop with all new seals. They took the doors apart to fix and paint them... now he is struggling with the window and the vent window frame adjustment. Each door has it's own window alignment issue.

I am leaving town tomorrow for 3 weeks and would like to make his job easier (and less costly for both of us) and give him some info if possible, so that I don't have to mess with it when i get back.

thanks

Rob

1966 Mustang vert - 5.0EFI/AOD & mods

1975 '02 - the typical upgrades (my 'new' car)

nothing? there are no instructions on the nuances of door/window alignment? I guess you just unbolt things, move them around and see what they do. I was trying to avoid the frustration and time involved.

Rob

but no one else is chiming in.

It was like unbolting this, trying it, then unbolting something else.

My memory is foggy and I did not take any pictures, we need someone to FAQ this.

However, there was an adjustment at the bottom that I believe controlled how far the window would roll-up.

There is an adjustment on the side of the window, near the top, that adjusts the way the window fits side to side.

This is cursory at best - sorry.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

thanks for the try guys... it could be a difficult FAQ to write up and taking good pictures inside the doors I imagine would be tough.

maybe you're right... I just assume and HOPE there is plenty of adjustments because it was so out of wack.

I trust this guy that's doing it... he's good, he can figure it out. i am just picky as hell and like to know these things myself, whether or not someone else is doing it.

Rob

I just took the doors compeletely apart and I'm afraid I will never get them work again. Theres adjustment on every bolt so there thousands of combinations to try. I would start in organized order, first fit the door to body, then the triangle window so it will close tight, then side window, and so on. It will take time, I'm sure about that.

Tommy

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

Any time I've adjusted vent windows/glass.

1) Loosen up everything.

2) Make sure new seals are installed

3) Make sure door is lined up with the body line (check hinges and pin adjustment)

4) Adjust vent window to seal

5) Adjust glass to vent window and set stop height.

Its not really that hard, you just need to take your time....

Factory manual has some more info on this as well.

-Justin
--
'76 02 (USA), '05 Toyota Alphard (Tokyo) - http://www.bmw2002.net

• 7 years later...

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40