• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VIN Information

Can anyone do a VIN Search or know how to get year, install day and month for my vehicle?

VIN 2586717

Thank you very much

Donnie

send email to andreas.harz@partner.bmwgroup.com

He will advise you build & dely date, original colour.

Yours was manufactured at the end of '72 (prob Dec).

Yor car was Ebayed Jun '07.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Les, you are correct. Was an ebay car. If it was manufactured in Dec 72 - is it a 72 or 73? Silly question.

All Service records from the 70's describe the car as a 73. Sold to me as a 73. Titled it and vin came back 72 ????

1973 Verona Red 2002

VIN 25867**

Scranton, PA 18509

donnie.williams@epix.net

I have issues with Bumpers- Not sure if Restoration calls for tight to rearend or the rear bumper with the 1" gap, clardy, fridgeking, ac console , Do i look for original seats with the chrome " hinge " or the black from the later years?

1973 Verona Red 2002

VIN 25867**

Scranton, PA 18509

donnie.williams@epix.net

Thank you to all whom replied.

Mod 71 1972 Jan-72 Dec-72 2-580-114 2-587-307 7194

This is from the VIN table on 02 faqs.

Built in 72 --- So is it a 72 or can it be a 73 style manufactured for 73?

Any "upgrades/differences" on the '73 cars for the US market would have started to appear from the factory around September '72. Therefore, in the US, your car would be classed as a '73 model.

2 of my '76s were manufactured a week apart (sept 30 & Oct 6) in '75.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

14 Dec 72. I suspect yours was built in early Dec.

They're both '73s by model year, as the 1973 model year began with cars assembled after 1 Sept or so. Beginning 1973 VIN was 2585137. The BMW factory went by calendar year production, not model year. Thus the descrepancy.

Your car should have the heavy Y-shaped front bumper brackets that bolt through the front frame rails, and the oval "loop"-shaped rear brackets (with rubber covers) that space the rear bumper about two inches out from the body.

Please post your car's actual build date (or drop me an e-mail with the info) as I'm trying to determine the average monthly production for US spec cars.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Mike,

Just saw your response here and noted your VIN (6 off from mine).

Here's my info for your average production calculation:

The BMW 2002 US VIN 2587096 was manufactured on December 14th, 1972 and

delivered on February 15th, 1973 to Iceland. The original colour was

Golf, paint code 070.

I have no idea why mine went to Iceland then US, maybe an Air Force guy's car.

Tim

14 Dec 72. I suspect yours was built in early Dec.

They're both '73s by model year, as the 1973 model year began with cars assembled after 1 Sept or so. Beginning 1973 VIN was 2585137. The BMW factory went by calendar year production, not model year. Thus the descrepancy.

Your car should have the heavy Y-shaped front bumper brackets that bolt through the front frame rails, and the oval "loop"-shaped rear brackets (with rubber covers) that space the rear bumper about two inches out from the body.

Please post your car's actual build date (or drop me an e-mail with the info) as I'm trying to determine the average monthly production for US spec cars.

cheers

mike