• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Check out this intake manifold!

MAD02

David G.
1989 Volvo 240 Wagon "Da Brick" Daily driver
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R "Hitomi" Sleeping. Waiting for NEO VVL!!
1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" The never ending project!!!

downdraft reliability coupled with sidedraft performance? YES PLEASE

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

Double "A" intake manifolds = DREAMING

back to earth and straight side-drafts please

think about the hood clearance, throttle synronization,

different front springs for the added weight, a support

system for the hanging masses, and it just suchs.

Makes a nicce display though

e7bf_3.JPG

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

You never know it might eve run better than you think, the torque curve is going to be considerably wider than side drafts due to runner length alone. Peak power is probably a little lacking but around town driveablity might be surprisingly good.

Double "A" intake manifolds = DREAMING

back to earth and straight side-drafts please

think about the hood clearance, throttle synronization,

different front springs for the added weight, a support

system for the hanging masses, and it just suchs.

Makes a nicce display though

Hood clearance would not be a problem because there is no added height.

You can syncronize side drafts cant you?

Added weight? Its like 10 lbs more, were not talking about a hundred lb increase in the engine bay.

and agree they look impressive. think about the availability of intake manifolds. doesn't everybody have at least one kicking around? I know I have 2...

and what about a nice 32/36? these should be plentiful and fairly cheap, as compared to side draughts and manifolds. sure, maybe linkage is an issue, and you might have clearance issues with the hood, I don't know the answers there.

syncronization should be easy, same trick as side draughts, just turn your unisyn upright.

I don't know, they could get the same performace as dual weber 40 dcoes but at a fraction of the cost.

What I like about them the most is that they represent the spirit of innovation and improvement. somebody thinks it up, and gives it a try. we're so deep in a world of "off the shelf" that it is refreshing to see something different attempted, even if it doesn't work right the first time.

Anyway, that is my opinion. feel free to disagree, but just be respectful doing it and we'll have a nice reasonable discussion.

Jon

I doubt that most cars out really need more than a single 38/38 can provide. One of the advantages of sidedrafts is that they are a straight shot- no bends. The manifold is interesting but I'd try the single sidedraft set up first. It seems to offer the simplicity of a single carb with easy access to the jets etc.

Guest Anonymous

This type of modification used to be more common that it is now when most tinkerers were left to their own devices rather than order from Edlebrock's catalog. But various manifolding can still be found on and off the net.

I recall seeing an M10 setup running a small 4 barrel holley that used a homemade brass manifold that appeared to be nothing more than plumbing downpipes. This was at Sebring and the car ran quite well or at least it sounded as though it did.

It may be that JAM engineering or other aftermarket outfitters that offered an "L" or "J" shaped manifold to accommodate two or three downdraft Carbs on the M10 engine. Rather than use the stock twin manifolds, the L or J tubes are "apparently" simpler or as simple as the stock setup. I am not sure of the advantages of this "glorified drain pipe" setup, but nothing ventured, nothing gained!http://www.jameng.com/products/images/c-502.jpg I remember this because the manifolds were offered to me for my 02. I had no need for them on my Tii. I think someone else grabbed them and ended up installing a hood scoop.