• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why Orange Is My Favorite Color...

tsteph12

Recently received my early '72 back from the good Mr. Holmes aka Bavarian Rennsport. Fresh engine rebuild and various new mechanicals, as well as tranny and suspension bits. Tight, tight and a blast to now drive. Original paint, free of rust, straight, and sunroof to boot. Picked this up last year from Mike McHenry here in Camarillo. Had been mostly off the road since the early 90's and kept non-op so blue plates stayed. Beautiful cool sunny weekend weather, so though I'd take some pics. I feel so fortunate to have found such an original 02. Thanks for allowing me to share.

T.R.

'72 polaris 2000tii touring

'72 inka 2002

post-1513-13667594811709_thumb.jpg

post-1513-13667594812755_thumb.jpg

post-1513-13667594813583_thumb.jpg

post-1513-13667594814439_thumb.jpg

post-1513-13667594815282_thumb.jpg

Great find, Tom. You need to take a little spin up to SB someday. Let me know, I would love to see it in person. Still have the touring?? Which will you take to LA in October? I am sure we can find someone to drive one for you.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Great find, Tom. You need to take a little spin up to SB someday. Let me know, I would love to see it in person. Still have the touring?? Which will you take to LA in October? I am sure we can find someone to drive one for you.

Hey there Steve,

Gotta love inka as you well understand. Still have the touring. Runs great after Bill's extensive work on it as well. Currently have about 2,700 miles on the touring rebuild, so recently been able to let her scream without worry. Hope to see you soon.

T.R.

Beautiful car ! I'd love to know a little more about Bill's work. I have always heard excellent things.

What a small world it is. I also bought my car from Mike McHenry back in 1999. Malaga carburated 02.

I started a restoration on it about 2 years ago and it is still under way.

Congratulations! Very nice.

Beautiful car ! I'd love to know a little more about Bill's work. I have always heard excellent things.

What a small world it is. I also bought my car from Mike McHenry back in 1999. Malaga carburated 02.

I started a restoration on it about 2 years ago and it is still under way.

Congratulations! Very nice.

Small world indeed. Bill does great work and is located down in eastern San Diego County (Ramona). He loves to talk 02's and is happy to address questions over the phone. His # is (760) 789-2002. Good luck with your malaga.

T.R.

Super car. The color is great.

Your radio looks really similar to mine - I hardly ever see that. Mine has an extra button...the "seek" button.

Once again, car looks great, and with the rebuilt stuff I'm sure it drives great, too.

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

Nice! My '76 Inka is just about as original but has not had the benefit of professional resto. Question about your radio - my Blaupunkt is like it but it's a German model. The left button has a misucal note on it, whereas your has an "L". Just what does that button do? Mine seems as if it's a countor or loudness control.

post-9429-13667594927826_thumb.jpg

1976 2002 Inka

2008 M5 Sapphire Black Metallic, 6-speed