• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pricing for 74 2000 Touring

poolguru

I am sure you could spend anywhere from $5K to over $15K, depending on model and condition. It sounds like the one you are looking at is a pretty good representation. Pics and price would help to evaluate whether or not is is a good deal. As you can see the range is broad. Really nice examples could easily get more that 10K. I really enjoy mine, it is a 1802 with 4 speed, but still the most fun I have ever had in a car. My 76 2002 Standard body hasn't moved since I bought the Touring.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Looks decent in the pics for sure; maybe a good respray.

M reg would mean that it was 1st registered between 1 Aug '73 & 31 July '74.

If the VIN falls between 3440001 & 3441537 then it's an "early" model manuf between 9/'71 & 8/'73 noted as 2000 Touring. If the VIN falls between 348001 & 3480339 then it's a "late" model manuf between 8/'73 & 4/'74 noted as a 2002 Touring. Actually, I think they changed 2000 to 2002 badges earlier in '73 but this is what the book states.

If it's $8k (and not £8k) then, providing it is at the better end of the scale, it's probably an ok price. Tourings can be had in the UK for a wide variety of prices depending, of course, on their condition. I would want an inspection at that price and a new MOT certificate.

If you do get it, please let me know the dtls etc and I will add you to my list of North American owned Tourings.

lescartwright at juno dot com

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17