• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The tire that may not quite fit!

Harv

I see all these pictures of Steve's fancy o2 with the massive 275's I was wondering if they would fit under my flares.

A friend of mine is going to be running them on an Impreza RS 2.5 so he brought over one to "see what if"

i don't know..... it looks afuly tight. How far can you turn the wheel Steve?

John

That's a 275 vs 235

DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0004-1.jpg

And something not related

22b4f834.jpg

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

That's awesome John! But, it'd be a rough ride on those Ohio streets where you live. :-)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

hey if you can fit 10inch wheels under turbo flares im sure you can fit 275 tyres under those flares!

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

John,

How much clearance did you have at the strut in those pics? It looks to me that with adjustble camber plates dialed in all the way it just may fit. That would be wicked on you car! But the 13's are pretty classy and if you have to dial in the camber to get them to fit the 15's you'll have to be hitting some corners hard to keep the wear even.

pete

im sure you can fit 275 tyres under those flares!

Uh huh-

but don't count on being able to steer! Anything over about 22 inches

in diameter starts to hit the nose and the footwell.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

no matter what the camber is set at.

And may be worse if the strut is bent for more camber.

John

Rizzy- I was just wondering how much clearance he has at the strut (if there is anything to be gained at the fender by moving the tire inward.) Negative camber would decrease potential interference at the fender.

John- any clearance lost at the strut tube would be gained at the fender. Bending the strut just changes the offset requirements.

I hate to change the subject, but do you have any pics of your friends Impreza? I would to see what kind of flares he has on that thing. Im assuming he has the older 2 door model since its an 2.5rs. I think I am the only person that has a newer 2.5rs.

Eric

1975 2002 Anthrazitgrau

1963 Vespa GL

Eric,

The 275's are smaller in diameter than the 16's they came with. So he won't need flares since his suspension is so stiff and you don't lower a Scoobebdo to much to get better handling.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades