• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Julius? Say it ain't so, Delia!

Steve73tii

Guest Anonymous

I am sure Delia will chime in.....but I would say it isn't soon to be sold but rather "sold".... an unmistakeable "bimmer brothers" ad, so I am guessing she sold Jullius to them (him) and now he is trying to "flip" it on ebay. It is a beutiful well appointed tii that should I think bring top dollar. Pictures appear to be taken up off the 280 fwy.

'Tis true.

It's on consignment. It has not been sold as of this moment. No "flipping" involved.

I've reached a point in ownership where there is little left to do without some serious expense/labor/intensity.

And, for Julius and I, since 2001, we traveled literally from coast to coast and few other round trips. It has been one of my most pleasurable experiences owning any vehicle...ever.

Driving across the Golden Gate Bridge two years ago was something of a milestone for me -- a promise I'd made almost thirty years ago.

But hard times make for hard choices, and sometimes, and for the better, even best friends must part. It's one of those "necessary losses."

I'll miss him. I'll be sorry I sold him. That's just the way it is.

You have all been great.

Take Care.

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

Guest Anonymous

most of us that have been around for any length of time have had to let go of things we really like (love) and at the end of the day you have to do what you have to do (pretty cliche but its true). Off the top I can think of a silver 73 tii I had (#2763503) that someone has here in the US (maybe even California), A4 fuel injection (Inkatouring has that) with NOS ALPINA pump, ALPINA bilstein red dot struts (Inkatouring again), a decent set of Alpina/Borrani steelies (Inkatouring again), ALPINA bridge manifold and resored 45mm webers (someone in the PNW via ebay), ALPINA A3 longblock (new NOS hemi head by ALPINA, pistons, rods, crank) including 3 stage ALPINA dry sump pump (JAPAN), ultra rare ALPINA rear disc brake assembly (boxed trailing arms, vented ALPINA rotors and Porsche 914/6 calipers (JAPAN)......and last but not least one NOS Schnitzer cylinder head kit (NORWAY).....big time regret on selling that as it isn't replaceable. All done in the name of generating funds to advance another project

(and other possessions) go that we would very much have preferred to keep........

Twenty years ago I (very) reluctantly sold a car I'd dreamed of having since the early 60's - a 1961 Porsche 356 B Roadster. It was an incomplete restoration project - rust free, but in need of everything (engine, trans, & suspension overhauls, body work, bare metal repaint, replacement of virtually all the trim and all of the rubber and upholstery). I'd recently remarried and acquired a "ready-made family", and there simply wasn't enough $$ to go around.

The roadster is still in town, recently completed, and drop dead gorgeous - it's a bit painfull to see it, but under the circumstances, it probably wound up in better hands than mine (and besides, if I still had it, I probably wouldn't have my '02....).

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

I feel like I have not officially owned any of my 02s

until I have driven them across the Golden Gate bridge.

It started in 1982 when me and my friend, who helped me get my manila 1602 going, drove over the GG after our first trip to the Berkeley BMW

salvage yard.

I sold my Tii after my son was born. Thinking that I was done with 2002s.

Now a few BMWs later, I am back in the 2002 fold.

Your 318 looks as though it will nicely fill the void.

Joseph O'Neil

73 02 - Polaris - 2587250

67 2000 TiLux- Chamonix - 1451152

Delia, does this mean you are going to be 02 less??? You still have the 74?

That has to be a tough decision, which I have personally been so close to make many times... I made the mistake to take the car for "one last drive", and I always changed my mind after that. But one has to do what one has to do, I admire you for that.

If you ever feel the urge to drive an 02 again, let me know, I have cars and roads here.

FAQ Member # 91

Your 318 looks as though it will nicely fill the void.

We'll see...the 318is is the "spiritual successor" to the 2002tii...or so I'm told.

And there is a community of support out there, too!

The $1750 purchase price of my new car may just help salve the loss of my tii.

FWIW...

Seems there are some similarities between the 318is and the tii.

* Low market value. $2K-$4K (Remember when you could buy a nice tii for $1K???)

* Enthusiastic owner/drivers

* Limited numbers were produced.

* Few of them have less than 200K on them.

* They all have identifiable/repairable faults that can be fixed/upgraded.

* Parts sources offer group buys.

Here's a pic of "O'Hara."

post-169-13667593536893_thumb.jpg

1973 2002tii - gone

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

deliawolfe@gmail.com

Reminds me when I had to sell my own tii, a '73 Chamonix which I bought from the original owner after haggling him for 10 years. A change in jobs and a need for a reliable commuter car for the 100+ mile daily drive made me do it.

I also bought an e30 to substitute it.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

Delia, does this mean you are going to be 02 less??? You still have the 74?

That has to be a tough decision, which I have personally been so close to make many times... I made the mistake to take the car for "one last drive", and I always changed my mind after that. But one has to do what one has to do, I admire you for that.

If you ever feel the urge to drive an 02 again, let me know, I have cars and roads here.

Thanks, Michael!

May have to take you up on that offer!

The '74 will also be sold. I've some haggling with the insurance company yet to do, but I'm not feeling too safe motoring around in it.

I guess the accident last May provoked a certain sensibility in me. After two years on the mean streets out here, I've few allusions about cars as transportation vs twentieth century icons of design and engineering.

The 318is (in high visability red) is a pretty good compromise.

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

deliawolfe@gmail.com

I find it a surprise you are using Evan Esterman for the broker,the car should sell at some seroius numbers for you.....

Good Luck

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.