• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

f1600ti that Ray Korman built

kevinsinkatii

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the 1968 1600ti that Ray Korman put an M6 engine in? He built it for a guy named Joe Bill Dryden. It was named the f1600 because the owner was an F-16 test pilot for Lock Head Martin. After Joe Bill's death in a test plane crash, his son sold the car. The last thing I found was one, of a few owners since his death, sold it to someone in Texas a number of years ago. If anyone has heard of this car or knows where it might be, please let me know. It was last known to be Silver with a black strip over the car and fender flares.

Thanks,

Kevin

Owner: 72' 2002tii,Inka,Air,Roof,4spd,320is Black Leather seat and steering wheel.

Ah, yous Joisey guize - So friggin' foinny, getdafuckoutahere, forgettaboutit!!!

One could be tempted in my shoes to attain the status of "just getting started" in this thread, since (as some know) I am a reformed Korman-ite ... yes, there were those days, but then, I saw the light ... Suffice it to say, from this insider knowledge (and emptied bank account), I do know that Ray used to remember just about every car that went through the shop. I found more recently, that's not necessarily the case -- although certainly he remembers Otis (for reasons into which I shall not go). In any event, it might be the case that you could call down to Allen (the shop manager) and see if they remember the car.

Otis, by the way, is actually an acronym. But kudos for catching my drift that Otis can be "hick," particularly when combined with "Bob" (and when his companion vehicle is a 78 F-350). No self-respecting Billy Bob, however, would be caught dead in orange pants - which I hope (along with my newly acquired, stylin' and profilin' zoot suit) sets me apart (in several ways, both good and bad) from the Joe Billy Bob Rays of the world. (That, by the way, is Beckie Sue on the left, and Billy Bob Riblett next to me on the right -- ha, Bill, gotcha, ribbin' you in the ribs!).

post-1769-13667593476096_thumb.jpg

post-1769-13667593476096_thumb.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Well, in fact he does remember this car. I spoke to him via email about it. He is actually looking for it. I don't know to what extant he is looking, but I think he would like to know who owns it. He knows a good friend of Mr. Dryden that would like to have it. I would just love to see the car again. I guess from your elaborate and cryptic last note that you were an employee at Korman's. Did you ever work on the car or see it at Korman's shop?

... I guess from your elaborate and cryptic last note that you were an employee at Korman's. ...

If you knew OTIS like we know OTIS you'd know he couldn't hold a job long enough to ever be considered working -- unless it was as Jesse Jane's publicist.

now: '72 Inka 2000 touring, '82 Alpina C1 2.3  & '18 328d wagon (daily driver)

before: a lot of old BMWs (some nice, some not so much), a few air-cooled 911s and even a water-cooled Cayman S

Alpina restoration blog: https://www.alpinac1.com/

If you knew OTIS like we know OTIS you'd know he couldn't hold a job long enough to ever be considered working -- unless it was as Jesse Jane's publicist.

Oh sure, right - tease and taunt me with my dream job. Besides, you've destroyed my concentration - I was busy trying to fabricate that 02 Breast Holder for InkaSteve's girlfriend, Angelyene

To answer your question about what I do, I am a professional parasite and a societal scurge - just ask Robspeed. In any event, I'm glad that Ray is trying to track down the car - I thought that might work. He's a nice guy; just make sure he doesn't send you a bill for the search.

IIRC the few Dianas that were built back in the early 70s had M30 motors aboard, along with a bunch of other cosmetic goodies. Check the archives on the BMW 2002 Diana for more information.

That engine must have made an E114 body pretty nose-heavy, though.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite