• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"The Stance Thread"

oz_tom

Did you swap suspensions?

Yup, head & shoulders above my old IE set up. You can't tell in the pic but they the wheels are 15x7&8s now.

Thanks!

Funny how that setup rides sooooooo nice.

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

awesome Ray, looks mint! You've inspired me to go back to the golds and running the half height caps!

Smitty, can't wait till you post your new set! I trust you'll be low?

Chucked this in a thread the other week but in the spirit of keeping stance together.

5652991331_9d2feb258f_b.jpg

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

id,57351

id,57350

id,57352

id,57353

Suspension Techniques (ST) springs, Bilstein HDs, 14" BBS wheels, 185 / 60 Kumho tires, stock spring pads, Ireland big sway bars, new suspension bushings and rear subframe mounts.

No rubbing, no wheel spacers, no fender rolling. Ride and handling are perfect for a touring setup - crisp turn in with just a little body roll. Lots of compliance over the bumps.

s.jpgp.jpgx.jpgh.jpgm.jpg

BMW Lotus Healey Miata x 2

what suspension r u running ray?
Are you running camber/toe subframe adjusters?

GC Coilovers, adjustable camber plates, Koni double adjustable dampers. No toe subframe adjusters. I'll probably raise it a bit even though it rides great.

awesome, thx for the info. seems like all the lowered vehicles with the stance i like all use GC. just another thing to save up for in the future.

my project blog:

craaaazzy's 2002 project

GC Coilovers, adjustable camber plates, Koni double adjustable dampers. No toe subframe adjusters. I'll probably raise it a bit even though it rides great.

are you running the full coilover kit or conversions? rabbit struts? rear suspension?

awesome, thx for the info. seems like all the lowered vehicles with the stance i like all use GC. just another thing to save up for in the future.

The Ground Control thing is probably just a coincidence and you could achieve the same result with an adjustable coilover kit really. I just built up some struts with the kit and will be mounting them shortly. I think the trick is getting adjustablity, front and rear, a proper offset (ET25 or so), rolled and pulled fenders, and camber adjustment up front. Sounds easy, but it takes lots of planning to do as well as these guys.

are you running the full coilover kit or conversions? rabbit struts? rear suspension?

The only real difference between their "full coilover" and the conversion are the larger diameter strut tubes. They are a good idea as they allow you to run a wider variety of inserts. AFAIK, GC uses a 190e tube. You could make the same thing yourself.

If you are willing to go through the trouble to mod your stock struts and make the rabbit insert work, you will be get 95% of the benefit with less than 50% of the cost.