• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

let the fun begin.....

esty

how about some black cherry pearl....i've been final blocking and recently used some cheap black acrylic lacquer to better see the flatness of the panels that i'd done work on ...acrylic lacquer sands off really easy...

i had some black cherry pearly acrylic urethane and said WTF...i did the side of the hood that was giving me trouble and i think i'm ready for paint

blkchryhood.jpg

chryrad.jpg

lastprimer.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the earlier, more pale green better. I think it suits the age of the car well. The green above seems to be too close to a color found on new beetles. Might just be the camera/lighting

(Yes, I recognize the hypocrisy in this statement since my car is painted a Scion color...)

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog

I like the earlier, more pale green better. I think it suits the age of the car well. The green above seems to be too close to a color found on new beetles. Might just be the camera/lighting

(Yes, I recognize the hypocrisy in this statement since my car is painted a Scion color...)

both of these are actually the same paint...

the partial was a pic taken late in the day, with little light...the completely painted hood was during bright sunlight sitting under a blue tarp...the true color is the top picture

grnhood2.jpg - partial

greenhood111.jpg - complete

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Okay, something led me to this old faq..

Esty - got pictures of the finished green car?? would love to see them!!

Matt

I needed a car, and a hobby....

Nor'East '02ers-

www.bmw2002.us

Betty VIN 4229155

The original colour was Malaga, paint code 021

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Esty - got pictures of the finished green car?? would love to see them!!

Matt

hey matt...here are a few from a few days ago...unfortunately real life & the real job pretty much halted work on my 69...it's almost finished...i ended up changing the paint scheme and need to finish putting on some trim, bumpers and getting the electrical hook'd back up & working

of all my o2's this is my favorite...i think because of the colors...you can't see them all but there are 2 more o2's parked in front of the 69 and 3 more behind it...sometimes ambitions get carried away

1-7.jpg

5-6.jpg

3-8.jpg

2-7.jpg

4-6.jpg

6-5.jpg

Wow!! that looks awesome. I hope you get to finish it someday (soon!) I know how it can get, though....

Great job!!

Matt

I needed a car, and a hobby....

Nor'East '02ers-

www.bmw2002.us

Betty VIN 4229155

The original colour was Malaga, paint code 021

SiteNamecopy.jpg