• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you want to be able to nominate yourselves for COTM?

robspeed

Nominate others or one's self...?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Nominate others or one's self...?

• Only nominate others...
    • We should be able to nominate ourselves
    • I don't care

we must all be anti-socials since my grand scheme for the COTM seems to not be working... that grand scheme being that to increase the sociability amongst 02ers by requiring that one may only nominate *others* instead of yourself. Should we make it OK to nominate one'sself?

I nominate everyone's '02 for cotm. They are all special.

Of course mine is more special.

;-p

Cheers,

Ray (glad to help!)

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

How many people have good photos of other peoples cars?? I know i don't have photos of my mates cars.

But more importantly there needs to be more incentive, like the car spends the month of the front page, that would look sweet.

1972 RHD Auto - Sold

1973 RHD Verona - Project

1974 RHD chamonix - Towed 

But more importantly there needs to be more incentive, like the car spends the month of the front page, that would look sweet.

I like that, maybe a "feature" article like they do at the Vortex?

www.vwvortex.com for those that dont know it. They do features on members' cars on the homepage.

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog

Perhaps we could have a members gallery for all our cars, ideally with a small area for us to write a blurb about our car and two photo spots for a Before/After. Then, I'd imagine, we could look through those, and nominate the folks we want based on the current state of the car versus the before and the mods done inthe blurb.

This way we needn't know the person to nominate them, and we needn't resort to nominating ourselves.

In addition to the "featured" article, this would be excellent I think. We could use photobucket, or flickr to host the images so your hosting fees don't go up.

• 2 weeks later...

I like citizenchan suggestion totally. We should have all our pics on here somewhere, because we are all 02 owners and each one is special. I also suggest that in order to have your car posted here you should submit a contribution of at least $10.00 to help pay for this wonderful site.

I will be the first to contribute and I know we have loads of members; who want to see their cars on this site.

So Steve do I get to be number one? LOLOMA

I agree with all above.

ray_koke says: I nominate everyone's '02 for cotm. They are all special.

felix_666 says: But more importantly there needs to be more incentive, like the car spends the month of the front page, that would look sweet.

citizenchan says: Perhaps we could have a members gallery for all our cars, ideally with a small area for us to write a blurb about our car and two photo spots for a Before/After...........We could use photobucket, or flickr to host the images so your hosting fees don't go up

TTyMiller says: I also suggest that in order to have your car posted here you should submit a contribution of at least $10.00 to help pay for this wonderful site.

All great ideas. Any responses from the admins?

Doug

'73 tii Atlantik - Not worthy of COTM............yet

Rob here's my suggestion. Have your kid randomly pick a FAQ member name from a list. That's the car of the month. Send an email to that person and ask for a couple pics and brief write-up of how they came to own the car, why they like 02's, future plans, etc. etc..

It's difficult to nominate when a lot of us only know a few people that have 02's and actually know what they look like. If it's done a bit more randomly I think it opens more people up to having their car featured. Plus, all types of 02's, from basket cases to show cars, get exposed.

• 2 weeks later...
Rob here's my suggestion. Have your kid randomly pick a FAQ member name from a list. That's the car of the month. Send an email to that person and ask for a couple pics and brief write-up of how they came to own the car, why they like 02's, future plans, etc. etc..

It's difficult to nominate when a lot of us only know a few people that have 02's and actually know what they look like. If it's done a bit more randomly I think it opens more people up to having their car featured. Plus, all types of 02's, from basket cases to show cars, get exposed.

+1. Me likes that idea.

67 Caribe 1600

76 Ceylon 2002

Wow, that's an interesting twist to the usual "Car of the Month" game. I think I like that. It allows everyone to get to know everyone's car eventually.

I guess you'd have to figure out a plan for the raffle style selection and how to deal with the constant influx of new members. You'd also have to set a suspense for those nominated to get back to you with photos and information on their car. Anyway, cool idea.

Michael Rose

'91 Porsche 964
'00 Dodge Durango
'13 Honda Pilot