• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake Booster from an Alfa Milano in a 2002?

SeanH

That was me saying that stuff.

So far, there is no proof that the swap works. However they look exactly the same. I would have to have one in my hand to see if it would work.

The deal with the Summit one is that they sell a universal 7 inch dual diaphragm booster that looks about the right size. I was thinking that this booster could be MADE to work.

All it takes is a grinder and a blue wrench.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

I've seen it work with my own eyes, although I've alway thought of it as the GTV6 booster, the Milano is basically the same car, just a four door. The booster is ATE, there is some minor modification involved arround the clevis pin interface, otherwise straight swap

RK in OC

ex- 67 1600ti/Aplina

http://rogerspeed.tripod.com/bmw_1600tialpina/

83 A/R Spider Veloce

"I come from a broken home, I should know, I broke it" Bazooka Joe

Also the booster from the injected Volvo 1800E/ES, 1970 -1973 similiar to the Tii booster.

Earl

72 Volvo 1800ES

74 2002

02 M Roadster

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

heh- the 122 never had a booster...

and that's why I have such a sexy right leg, 'cause, damn,

a panic stop takes a LOT of push!

hee hee

now back to the thread already in progress...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

same period are exact-fit replacements for E21 vented rotor calipers (but weigh less than half as much) so it wouldn't be too surprising to find other components that interchange. Lots of manufacturers used more or less standard off-the-shelf parts through the 70's and early 80's to avoid the cost of developing their own model-specific componentry.

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

Guest Anonymous

I have heard a former Alfa GTV-6 owner used the booster from a 2800 e9 (same as Tii). So it stands to reason it would fit the other way around.

I would not be surprised if seafoam could be used on both makes too!

i talked about this like 5 years ago, when i did a job on my friend milano, yes it is the exact same booster, i had two, a milano and a real tii one side by side and they are 100% the same.

be warned, the ones with abs are not the same...

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel

a buddy of mine works at Group 2 Motorsports here in Seattle and I went there to look at an Alfa Milano booster today.

I wonder if I was looking at one with ABS because it looked like it was almost exactly the same diameter as the stock 2002 non-tii booster.

I just am looking for this because I've heard I'll have clearance issues getting my itg filter past the stock booster.