• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

got the motor in

us4736

Looks really nice... I have a question about your oil pan. Did you use the 2002 oil pump pickup on the S-14 oil pump? Did you extend the sump for more capacity or to fit the pickup? What did you do to mount the oil return connector? It looks like you welded a nut to the side of the oil pan. What size nut? Did you need to cut the return tube for clearance with the crank? I was trying to find a simple way to connect the oil return line and would appreciate your experiences.

Thanks,

Mark92131

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

i used the m3 oil pump thats why i added the sump to the pan , then i welded a bung to the oil pan for the return line for the oil vaper seperator. to mount the seperator i welded a 3/8" bolt to the motor mount it just sits on the edge of the mount and i have it double nutted to keep it about a 1" or so away from the block .you have to cut and reweld the bracket a little

post-1291-13667586432676_thumb.jpg

post-1291-13667586433685_thumb.jpg

post-1291-13667586434866_thumb.jpg

REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM