• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ford twin cam head on a m10 - WTF?

PSloan

Guest Anonymous

Got a ford 4.6L Head gasket in my hand. I'll check this out tonight! It'd be awesome if it did because I can get performance mustang heads through our distributors for el cheapo. Wonder if anyone would notice in autox ;)

"Easy" is a very relative word. For someone it's "easy" if they have the same distance between cylinders and some of the head bolt holes match. Still there's whole lot of things to figure out (making custom manifolds being the easiest one) but it's doable. I have no idea what that Ford head looks like but I'm sure it's far from bolt on job!

Tommy

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

Here is part of the guy's response - he doesnt seem to have it running yet but is working on it. The only thing tht I can imagine is a challenge is the intake manifold and cam gears.

ok first...you are working on an M-10 engine? say 2002 or E21 or E30 single cam four?

the Ford head has the same bolt spacing......the DOHC or SOHC head from a 4.6 or 5.4

even the Lincoln head will work.....the intake is anothe issue....the exhaust is easy! you would need the passenger side head!

Patrick Sloan

1975 inka 2002 - 2375719

1991 325iC

2001 325i

I'm worried about the cam timing\duration. Probably more money in new cams and gears than it's worth.

When you start going down a road like this - unless you have the need to be totally different, or have amazing access to all kinds of fabrication equipment AND have the skills to use it I'd say that the cost of a project like this would vastly outweigh the cost of an M2 conversion with a full stock rebuild to an s14.

Just fabricating intakes, exhaust, cams, pistons, timing covers.... nevermind putting a turbo on the sucker. You're into an easy 10grand to get that going and you can do an m2 conversion for that all day long.

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76