• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miscellaneous Marvel Mystery ramblings

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I was "leafing" thorough a number of posts and found it interesting how often MM seems to be recommended on this forum. One of you speaks of this product as though it is 100 year old single malt. I won't ask if its good for gout or a bad back, but I am curious about some of the apparent recommended automotive uses. This is not a put down of this or any other well known petro-based product. Rather, it is a feeble attempt by a lay person to understand the real need and use of the prod.

Add to fuel?

I can understand it being added to the fuel to the extent it may lubricate the mechanical fuel pump. But by adding it to the fuel isnt it going to cause some smoke. In other words, by would not the use of this prod in the fuel produce more smoke particulates that than fuel - without this additive? Chemistry was never my strong suit, but as a layperson, I would expect that instead of ridding the fuel system and combustion chamber of carbon or varnish deposits, this product or others like it, might add to - rather than subtract from - the deposits. Or, is this more of the hair of the dog that bit ya logic?

Add to oil?

If I typically use 20-50 weight oil and I change my oil regularly, what is the advantage of using this product? Unlike STP, it does not appear to be a viscosity thickener. Instead, it seems as though it would thin the oil and reduce the viscosity index. If this is supposition is accurate, why not run 10 - 40 weight or even thinner oil to achieve the same effect? Or, do I have this all wrong, and MM is really being recommended as some sort of pre-oil change flush? I also read some of the comments by JimK with respect to using the same oil brand because it is blended with certain additives and that adding additional "additives" or a different brand or even type of oil might negate the beneficial purposes of these "additional" additives.

Again, I'm just trying to understand. Thanks for your reciprocal understanding.

P.S. I have refrained from asking why Sea Foam is called Sea Foam, but I'm thining about it!

add to fuel for rust prevention, long term storage,

burns off cleanly with little smoking and plug fouling,

lubricates mechanical fuel injection components,

cleans gum and varnish deporits = yes

add to crankcase for 'cleaning'

while providing lubrication= yes

excellent oil for Cylinder Leak "WET"

testing - burns off quickly on start-up,

little smoke, neighbors will love you = yes

.....and rub some on the cat's butt and watch him R.U.N. !!

huge-cat.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

wow, either that's one giant cat or that's one small person. i didn't think cats got that big!

sorry, way off-topic, but...

i bought some MMO, too, in response to previous posts. i have yet to rub it on my cat's butt, though

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Guest Anonymous

CD says:

"add to fuel for rust prevention, long term storage, burns off cleanly with little smoking and plug fouling, lubricates mechanical fuel injection components, cleans gum and varnish deposits = yes"

Assuming I am not storing my vehicle or attempting to prevent rust, why would I want to encourage even a little smoking or plug fouling? Isn't a little too much?

How much do I need to rub on the cat's behind?

Is there a weight to whisker's formula?

Should gloves be worn?

Must this be performed outdoors?

While this may loosen hair balls and gum, what about the smoking and fouling? :)

no gloves required

it penitrates and is more effective if the MM Oil

is warmed by your hands before applying

to T.T.'s butt - He's a MANX CAT - so you

don't have to fight with the tail blocking your

approach

06sam.jpg

You guys are too much. I'm laughing as I read this and my Wife thinks I'm going nuts.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

seriously - do not add any additives to your motor oil.

If you oil needs sumding added - your using the wrong oil.

It is Marvilous in your air tools.

It does not foul spark plugs when mixed in delicate ratio's

It's main benifits when added to the fuel system - Diesel or Gas,

are protection against rusting, oxidation, carbon built-up,

removal of varnish inside injection pumps, injectors, metal lines,

intake ports and back side of intake valves, cleaning of pre-chambers

and glow plugs, preventing damage from old stale gas evaporation

inside carbs, jets, mechanical fuel pumps. The stuff just damn werks!

And it tastes really bad - so T.T. won't be licking his tail-less

arse in front of dinner company.

Have a really good day.

maxx.gif

AND THE TT RACES HAVE STARTED !

God speed Barry, Mike, yer maun Joey, and all the other

greats of the real road circuits who have passed.

4b6e3dcb07c41b4a4a1d61735b7aebd2.jpg

Guest Anonymous

My cat no longer purrs like the other cats in the neighborhood. I asked our Vet if she has heard of your mystery perscription. She then asks if we checked the cat's timing with a timing light, or by ear. Where is top dead center on my cat? Since the cat's getting older, do you recommend using the same torque settings?

lol

My cat no longer purrs like the other cats in the neighborhood. I asked our Vet if she has heard of your mystery perscription. She then asks if we checked the cat's timing with a timing light, or by ear. Where is top dead center on my cat? Since the cat's getting older, do you recommend using the same torque settings?

lol

you're gonna need some more torque. i'd recommend strapping a turbo to her butt and giving her a healthy diet with plenty of beans. that'll really make her purr.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

Guest Anonymous

Your advice is misleading and cannot possibly apply to all cats. For example, my cat has particularly sensitive synchros and will not tolerate GL5 rated food. Are you trying to obtain some unfair competitive advantage? Wonder if redline makes a product my cat would like?

use it to oil your air tools. dont forget the rag by the exhaust port when you hit the trigger. plus it smells good when you hit the trigger. great stuff that MM

Marvel Mystery Oil will turn rubber to mush. I do not recommend lubing air tools with it. I recommend throwing it out. Often.