• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not digging the flat black look for my 02. suggestions?

PSloan

What color?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What color?

• Golf
    • Siennabraun
    • Florida
    • Nevada
    • Tampico

I finally need to make up my mind on a paint color. It was orig. golf and i was going to do it flat black but i dont like it. It's going to be really low and have a turbo body kit and no trim. What's listed are the colors i would consider. I'm going to promise myselr - whatever gets the most votes is what I'll paint it.

post-635-13667577268445_thumb.jpg

Patrick Sloan

1975 inka 2002 - 2375719

1991 325iC

2001 325i

Yah, i can see why your not digging that flat black to much, it's pretty scarry! It's one of those two minute colours, meaning that it's cool for about two minutes and then your tired of it, kinda like some primers.

Have you thought about jet black, base coat, clear coat, that would look really sharp a deep rich dark colour. my second first choice would be some kind of silver.

My vote is a toss up between Black/Silver and noting else.

I drove myself nuts trying to decide,

good luck deciding,

Yeah, I thought about gloss black but i dunno. I'm thinking maybe florida to cover up the flaws that are going to be in the body work.

HEY, HEY, i just voted and according to your initial posting you gotta go with majority rules. it's only fair. after all, it means so much to me.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Yeah, I thought about gloss black but i dunno. I'm thinking maybe florida to cover up the flaws that are going to be in the body work.

Unless you put in a heap of hours sanding, gloss black wont turn out quite right. Many people spray it then go back over it to get out all the undulations.

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

Just so you know I voted Golf - it wouldn't be copying at all, if anything we need to get more Golf turbo flared cars out there to take over all the inka's :)

I think it would look great if you did 2 tone golf and flat black like the alpina's (except golf of course).

I finally need to make up my mind on a paint color. It was orig. golf and i was going to do it flat black but i dont like it. It's going to be really low and have a turbo body kit and no trim. What's listed are the colors i would consider. I'm going to promise myselr - whatever gets the most votes is what I'll paint it.

what does tampico look like? :)

Check mine out,

first couple of minutes after being sprayed.

Your like me and did body work myself which shows, because i have absolutely no patience to rug/sand an area for hours on end. So going with a light colour might be your best choice, i see all my flaws, but then again it's my car and i don't care, i just want to drive it!

I did not want to chose a colour that would attract every cop from the next province.

What colour is golf?, is that like RS Blue?

post-851-13667577271266_thumb.jpg

post-851-13667577272285_thumb.jpg

post-851-13667577273208_thumb.jpg

Just so you know I voted Golf - it wouldn't be copying at all, if anything we need to get more Golf turbo flared cars out there to take over all the inka's :)

I think it would look great if you did 2 tone golf and flat black like the alpina's (except golf of course).

That's really A good idea. I was orig. going to go 2 tone black and white like the GS cars. I think I can pull off black on the hood, trunk and small above the trim area - just not on the lower quarters or tail panel!

Patrick Sloan

1975 inka 2002 - 2375719

1991 325iC

2001 325i

That's really A good idea. I was orig. going to go 2 tone black and white like the GS cars. I think I can pull off black on the hood, trunk and small above the trim area - just not on the lower quarters or tail panel!

Here's a quick photoshop mock-up. no hood, but you get the idea ;)

post-1228-13667577277872_thumb.jpg