• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M2 realistic price

I am planning on the same conversion for my BMW 1600 Cab. Dave Varco told me to budget $3 - $5K in parts and $3 - $5K in labor beyond the price of the S14 motor. He sent me a M2 conversion guide that breaks these numbers down in greater detail. if you e-mail him about a conversion, he'll send you this guide.

Dave [aardvarc@2002parts.com]

Thanks,

Mark92131

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

Guest Anonymous

Thanx guys

considering one last hurra

I have done several suspensions and brakes on hot 02's

Lee will hear from me if I do

My track car on the street tells me that ABS is not necessary and I will do springs ,Steins, all bushings including rear and Bars done that.

the other consideration is a 944 with an LS2

No air bags but the object is not hit anything

Or a new vette

Still can not afford that silver 63 Fuelie Vette that I drooled over in the 8th grade

It's not a done deal. I have the motor, need all the other stuff. If the cab had the original 1600 matching motor, I wouldn't even consider a swap. It is currently running a 2 liter motor from a neu class according to the serial number. It will probably take me months and months to source all the parts I need. If I find a nice Polaris/Navy 2002 with a tired motor, I might go in that direction for the M2 conversion.

Mark92131

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

price for an M3 s-14 and getting it running in a02?

ball park figure?

Yo Delk.

I found a low mileage engine at a great price (less than $2500). I swapped an M3 tranny bellhousing against a set of rear custom brake lines and my car is already plumbed for fuel injection. I will do all the work myself.

I expect to pay no more than $500 on top of that, and that will mostly be for the exhaust work and a high pressure fuel pump. I already have the drawings for the lower exhaust flange, so, I will have a set or two, cut in advance in 3/4" thick stainless steel to prepare the work.

My car may stay one full week on jackstands, but that's fine. I will not charge myself for garare space...

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

price for an M3 s-14 and getting it running in a02?

ball park figure?

Yo Delk.

I found a low mileage engine at a great price (less than $2500). I swapped an M3 tranny bellhousing against a set of rear custom brake lines and my car is already plumbed for fuel injection. I will do all the work myself.

I expect to pay no more than $500 on top of that, and that will mostly be for the exhaust work and a high pressure fuel pump. I already have the drawings for the lower exhaust flange, so, I will have a set or two, cut in advance in 3/4" thick stainless steel to prepare the work.

My car may stay one full week on jackstands, but that's fine. I will not charge myself for garare space...

lee, if you are up for deferring the cost of the exhaust flange im a willing participant and would like to get in if possible

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Hi guys.

The lower flange is a piece of cake. It will allow to start from fresh and make a clean Y pipe. I will make the regular one and the larger 50.8mm, I can cut extras. It should cost about $40usd each (50% from VAC). Laser cut from 304 stainless steel.

Ø48mm for 1-7/8" tubing (stock size)

Ø50.8mm for 2" tubing

Evo is 55mm but I do not know if there is a demand for that.

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

I am planning on the same conversion for my BMW 1600 Cab. Dave Varco told me to budget $3 - $5K in parts and $3 - $5K in labor beyond the price of the S14 motor. He sent me a M2 conversion guide that breaks these numbers down in greater detail. if you e-mail him about a conversion, he'll send you this guide.

Dave [aardvarc@2002parts.com]

Thanks,

Mark92131

Hi Mark - with coil over suspension and 200 bhp my Touring shell is about as structurally rigid as an empty card board box - I'd hate to think what these changes would do to a full cabrio.

Good luck, Nick

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

Hi guys.

The lower flange is a piece of cake. It will allow to start from fresh and make a clean Y pipe. I will make the regular one and the larger 50.8mm, I can cut extras. It should cost about $40usd each (50% from VAC). Laser cut from 304 stainless steel.

Ø48mm for 1-7/8" tubing (stock size)

Ø50.8mm for 2" tubing

Evo is 55mm but I do not know if there is a demand for that.

I might be in for one of these- depending on how this auction goes!