• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

See what followed me home...

02Les

looks good - i have never seen the middle trim on (ok, half on) with the top chome removed--- its usually all or nothing--

it actually gives it sort of a distinctive look. I think the Navy color helps blend the hood and trunk into the body - and the line below is a nice touch. clean up the missing stuff and it will look excellent. (if you are not into restoring )

nice one! whats wrong with it??!

'70 project

Les-

Jen says it now qualifies as a habit.

I love the tie down straps. So where does this fit in the scheme of things? Rusty?

John

I'm a collector! I used to collect stamps & old kitchen gadgets, now i've progressed.

We had Yvonne's 323 in for Bert to look at (she ran out of gas and all the lights-bells-whistles went off), and I wandered around the back.

The blue car "winked" at me.....would I lie to you. I just had to take it home.

Apparently the only (major) thing wrong with it is a bent valve in the head. It has surprisingly little rust; way less that my Sienna project car that I thought was good. This one will probably jump to the front of the queue for refurbishment.

Bert's got a couple more '02s there that look easily salvagable too........oh oh!

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Les - what are you going to do with it? I've secretly had my eye on your siennabraun...lol

Is that the guy with the white 72tii? What else does he have around?

Hi Pat,

Yes that's Bert who has the real nice tii. In, probably, fixable condition, he has a '73 Chamonix manual & a 74/75 Malaga auto. There's also an Inka '74tii but it doesn't have a tii motor in it.

I've been cleaning up the Blue '76 all day. Found an unopened can of beer with a sell by date in '02!! and a Crane XR700 hidden in the engine bay. Also has a front windshield seal with no trim/grip thingie fitted!!

The car was originally Fjord and was repainted, what could be, Baikal? The seats, door panels and rear quarter panels are real good but the carpet and headliner need replacing. Rust is minimal with the worst area being the spare wheel well in the trunk (haven't looked at the floorboards real good yet though).

Most things seem to work, but as the car has sat for nearly 4 years it's going to need some tinkering with, and of course, the cyl head that led the car to sit these past few years. It's going to fun if I get the time.

The Siennabraun's future is now in question. Still want to get it running, but it needs everything although the body is real decent. One day!

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

• 3 weeks later...