• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whose fake INKA Tii at Fry's in Burbank on Wednesday . . .

f1reverb

so, all 74 cars have the exhaust exit out the right-side? and why or huh?

My '74 has the tail-pipe on the right side, and its not a tii.... and i dunno much about this stuff....

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what make ARE those wheels... they are not minilites and the center looks different from panasports I've seen... the spokes look sharper than others... I really like them... look to be 15"... anyone know???!

Rob

1966 Mustang vert - 5.0EFI/AOD & mods

1975 '02 - the typical upgrades (my 'new' car)

Ohhh, now I see F1reverb's reasoning better. I didn't get it before.

I keep forgetting they didn't make tiis in 75 and 76. But those cars have center exit exhaust. So he thinks its a 75 or 76, which can't be a real tii.

Anyways, maybe the guy just thought it'd be cooler to have a center exit exhaust. Its not that common on cars to have the ole straight poopshoot out the back. It looks kinda cool on the Boxster.

Or he had a good center exit muffler sittin around.

In some minor way maybe theres a performance benefit due to getting rid of the bend (ha!).

Just cut a new hole, patch the old one, and you got it.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

Ohhh, now I see F1reverb's reasoning better. I didn't get it before.

I keep forgetting they didn't make tiis in 75 and 76. But those cars have center exit exhaust. So he thinks its a 75 or 76, which can't be a real tii.

Anyways, maybe the guy just thought it'd be cooler to have a center exit exhaust. Its not that common on cars to have the ole straight poopshoot out the back. It looks kinda cool on the Boxster.

Or he had a good center exit muffler sittin around.

In some minor way maybe theres a performance benefit due to getting rid of the bend (ha!).

Just cut a new hole, patch the old one, and you got it.

ya from personal experience i can tell you .. you go right down the center and then make 2 90 degree bends for no reason whatsoever.. that I can see -- besides the fact that there is an exit on the right . I'm still hunting for the reason why the engineers etc whent to the right in the first place.

i bet it was a law or something .. nothing logical in those last 2 bends

but the pics on Superlite's website aren't very good (at least the thumbs and links I saw).

Now as far as I know I think Euro '75 and later cars had a side-exit rear muffler. Definitely the thermal-reactor cars in the USA did (my parts car is a '75) have a center-exit rear muffler. This car was nicely done, and maybe a squarie rear section stamping is only available with the cutout still uncut. I'm not sure either that the '75 and later cars had a slightly larger tank (13.5 instead of my 12.2 gals on my '74) and that made them use a straight rear muffler. So, when I see the cutout not cut it makes me wonder if the car is really a '74 tii as kfunk now understands. Kfunk's exhaust is just a NASCAR wheelie-bar. Z's probably right on the snorkel on his '74 tii, that it's the only way you can find a replacement nose section new. Oh, and don't insult the Corolla XRS, as it does have 170 or so HP redlining at 8200rpm, a six-speed and it only weighs 2600 lbs. It only cost him 17k new for essentially the same motor that is in the Lotus Elise. It's not the XR version which is what you see all the time.

Now as far as I know I think Euro '75 and later cars had a side-exit rear muffler.

Yee, every 2002 I've seen here in Australia, roundie or square, all have the exhaust coming out on the right side.

post-1526-13667571351169_thumb.jpg

post-1526-13667571352539_thumb.jpg

"My dad was right, it was cheaper just to buy a new car."

'75 Golf Yellow Automatic 2002 with Weber 32/36 DGAV - "Karl"

railwayKarl-1.jpg

Guest Anonymous
on a '74 tii has the exhaust cutout on the right side, not in the center, which was for '75 and '76 models. It looks like a nice restoration, and if you had a squarie tii (which means only a '74) you normally wouldn't put on a 75/76 rear valence for your restoration and have the exhaust come out the center, ergo it's probably badge engineering a tii out of a regular 2002. Nothing wrong with that either, just curious.

My 74 tii also has the exhaust moved to the centre. The reason being that when you add diameter to the exhaust it makes it more difficult to snake to the outside. Don't think it makes my tii "fake" though

Ha ha ha