• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whose fake INKA Tii at Fry's in Burbank on Wednesday . . .

f1reverb

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jay... how do you come up with these things? I love it.

Tiis (All the ones bound to the US) had an exhaust cutout on the right. Many people replace exhausts to center exit, but you must replace the rear panel, (or cut and weld) if you want to move the cutout to the center.

These cars are 30+ years old and many of them have had their nose panels (here comes the snorkel) and rear panels replaced. Finding replacement noses without a snorkel is very difficult and many tiis end up with snorkels.

Rear panels are more readily available in side cutout mode. If this one was replaced, maybe they had a center cutout unit available. Such a detail would not devalue a true tii, (proper VIN) just like a snorkel wouldn't either.

A tii is more than an engine. It's also suspension (Sway bars, boxed rear swing arms, larger front spindle) brakes (bigger everything) and the clock of course. (AND NO SNORKEL)

And a converted tii will never be worth as much as a true tii, all else being equal.

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

Guest Anonymous

If I put a "BAVARIA" badge on the rear valence of my 02 does that make it one? How about a C111?

What does it matter? Misrepresentation? How are you damaged Reverb?

A tii that came out of the factory is a tii...

A 2002 that came out of the factory is a 2002...

A Turbo that came out of the factory is a Turbo...

Just because the car has a few mods, it doesnt change the fact it has the correct VIN which is in essence the tell tail to what car it is.

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

I never said anything bad about this car, and relayed Kevin's comment . . .

"Kevin thought the car looked great and wants to know the who/what/when/where/why/how of this car."

Kevin and I are both curious about the exhaust, and he's the one who commented to me about the cutout and the center exhaust even before I saw the pics. Given the rear of the car is wrong for a Tii, it's just as possible it's not one as that it is one. Don't read negativity into my comments or you'll crack your dimples from the bad karma, instead you should make a pilgrimage to Fry's and seek the owner for the truth of the Tii idol and garner some good karma.

I never said anything bad about this car, and relayed Kevin's comment . . .

"Kevin thought the car looked great and wants to know the who/what/when/where/why/how of this car."

Kevin and I are both curious about the exhaust, and he's the one who commented to me about the cutout and the center exhaust even before I saw the pics. Given the rear of the car is wrong for a Tii, it's just as possible it's not one as that it is one. Don't read negativity into my comments or you'll crack your dimples from the bad karma, instead you should make a pilgrimage to Fry's and seek the owner for the truth of the Tii idol and garner some good karma.

sorry dude. hope i didn't come off as too critical. probably projecting my own potential guilt for cutting up the arse end of my tii.

Yee, every 2002 I've seen here in Australia, roundie or square, all have the exhaust coming out on the right side.

the red car attached, what year is that?

As the pic title says, it's a 1973, my boyfriend's 2002 which he is about to turbo. As soon as he does it, we can start a thread called "Whose Fake Turbo in Sydney Australia?!" Hahahaha!

But alas, he put on one of those loud exhausts a month ago and it comes out the center, so the pic is no longer relevant.

"My dad was right, it was cheaper just to buy a new car."

'75 Golf Yellow Automatic 2002 with Weber 32/36 DGAV - "Karl"

railwayKarl-1.jpg