• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FYI: Carbon Fiber Hood/Deck lid group buy is cancelled

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I've decided not to do any more group buy projects and am cancelling the current Carbon Fiber Hood/Deck lid effort which I announced last month. I'm very sorry to the 11 people who have signed up to date, but I've just come to the conclusion that it's not worth it. These projects require a ton of time and effort which was not a problem before given the satisfaction gained through a successful outcome; however, I'm just not feeling the satisfaction anymore. Anyway, Thank you very much to those who have supported these projects in the past.

COOP

Guest Anonymous

COOP,

I don't know you, but have read about your efforts to bring about advanced/stellar products to 2002 consumers. Believe me your efforts are truly commendable, well received, and greatly appreciated. If fact, I am not one of your customers ordering the carbon fiber hood and trunk deck lid. I wish I could afford it. However, in the future never and I mean never let a stupid idiot, and someone you probably don't know talk you out of buying or doing what you want to do. Letting a stranger change your thoughts/wishes is subscribing to his/her negative outlook, always looking into some shit which is in fact none of their business anyway. I am a new owner to the BMW 2002tii and I hope in the future that I get to meet and order something from you. Thanks and have a great day! Sincerely,

Cram

I'm not on your list either, but if someone was giving you crap for making a profit or something like that, just ignore them. Everyone (well probably) here is guilty selling some 02 related part or product for a profit.... Heck, there are some on here who make their living doing it. So if you can do what others will pay for, go ahead and do it man, power to ya!! Either way, good luck with whatever you are doing!

Bryan

red73

73' 2002 "red"

66' 2 Door Cortina GT

http://mk1cortinasearch.blogspot.com/

I'm not able to afford these group buys, but I will say it seemed this was a great service to the people involved. And many people were happy with the product/price. This was regardless of the fact that the organizer got any compensation, or was completely candid about any compensation he'd receive for coordinating this buy.

I'm sorry if someone's attacks cut down on the joy, COOP. The way I see it, there's been some bitchie-ness going down on the faq, it seems to come in waves. I just try not to let it bother me, cuz this site is an awesome service to the '02 community.

'71 colorado 2002

Hey Coop, F*&k all the bitchy little whiners. I, as well, am one of the forum members who wishes he could afford your products. I am sick as shit about the snipers popping up and flaming those who set up these buys. I am continually amazed at how many people take offence to the idea that someone might actually make money for selling a product. We all pay for our cars, our parts and labour to keep these cool old cars running. If you don't want in on a group buy it's easy-don't pony up the cash. I can understand why you're walking after all the fucking bullshit. Too bad, I might have been in on your next buy. Chris

Guest Anonymous

Guys, nobody cares or gives a shit if anyone makes money. Least of all me.

I think some people (can't even remember the guys name now) took offense to Coop saying that he didn't have any financial incentive or motive to the group buy when later he said he did (after the fact). No biggy, but it is not the same as people taking issue with him making money.

It is too bad people feel like they need to hide behind assumed identities but I sort of understand why they do.

Anyway, it sounds like those products are nice, I am in the process of making a race skin for my race car and wished I had bought a fibreglass set when they were available. Anyway best of luck Coop.

I've decided not to do any more group buy projects and am cancelling the current Carbon Fiber Hood/Deck lid effort which I announced last month. I'm very sorry to the 11 people who have signed up to date, but I've just come to the conclusion that it's not worth it. These projects require a ton of time and effort which was not a problem before given the satisfaction gained through a successful outcome; however, I'm just not feeling the satisfaction anymore. Anyway, Thank you very much to those who have supported these projects in the past.

COOP

How about someone else that's straight-up and trust worthy taking over the group buy? Coop - you could introduce them to the old man at the factory - they take on the hassle, 11+ 02 owners get their carbon fibre, you get a peaceful life and whoever picks up the ball is reimbursed with a free set of panels for their troubles.

Everyone's happy nes pas?

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

Hey Coop, F*&k all the bitchy little whiners.

ditto.

i think a lot of us, including me, tried to stay out of the bickering posts in order to keep the drama at a minimum. but now, i regret that painfully.. we shouldve spoken up. i think the 02 community needs folks like you to keep it alive. shit, not many leaps and bounds are taken in the 02 re-engineering/improving area of our hobby and it's a shame to see you quit this because of one or two diarhea (spelling?)-mouthed assholes. i dont care who makes profit.. its a damn good deal (that i was hoping to afford some day ironically) as ive bought and made a lot of cf goods, none of which were on the same planet of quality these things are in. im sure we'll be seeing them go for godly prices on ebay for years to come. sad sad sad

..and I also do not own a BMW 2002.

Coop, sorry you are bowing out. Having bought your CF 2x and the billet stub axles, I know the stuff is first rate. Too bad there are those that can and those that can just bitch and whine. Bitching and whiners seem to win out here more often than not.