• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OT a sad day in gods country

BLUNT

last night my best buddy Bubba lost his 2 year fight with cancer.

he fought harder than anyone ive ever known and never gave up. he went thru throat surgery,had one of his lungs removed, brain surgery,chemo, radiation to his neck and later whole brain radiation but in the end he wasnt strong enough. hes an inspiration to me and everyone who knew him.

heres a picture of him the day he was diagnosed with cancer almost 2 years to the day. i had rented a country club for a suprise birthday party for my wife and he was told the news that morning. i wanted to cancel it but he refused and didnt want to ruin my wifes party. he went with his typical good spirits and never let anyone know. its not going to be the same in the garage mahal. he was so excited about the restoration we were doing on my orange car. i would bring him parts to paint and he would take them down to his workshop and paint or restore them. later when he was too sick to climb the stairs he would sit at the kitchen table and work on parts. sometimes too weak to spend more than 5 or 10 minutes at a time on them.

i wish he could have seen the car done but he will be with me each time i turn the key to that car.

pics1027.jpg

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve:

My sincerest condolences. Loosing a loved one is always painful, no matter how much ahead of time you know that the end is coming.

Enjoy the memories of the good times you had together. Spend some time sharing with others your dad's good qualities. I hope you find solace in the company of your loved ones. I am truly sorry to hear about your loss....

Robert in NJ
73 2002 (Verona)

72 2002tii (Verona)

BLUNT,

I wish I had words to lighten your load but I do not. So please take away from this message my sincere wishes that you are able to enjoy the memories and appreciate the time you had with this friend. My thought and prayers are with you and the family.

John

Cars - I'll look in the driveway and let you know later.

Hey Steve,

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I'm sure I speak for everyone in the '02 community to let us know if you or the family needs any help with anything.

Regards,

Aashish

1969 BMW 2002--I gotta finish this damn thing

1987 BMW 325is--S52 Monster

1975 Innocenti Mini 1001-- the most cost dense car ever!

1995 318ti

2004 BMW 330i ZHP

2004 Toyota Tacoma (gotta have something reliable!)--can't live without

Steve,

Sorry for your loss......

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

Sorry for your loss, Steve.

I am sure he will be in spirit sitting on the passenger seat of your '02 when you take that first drive. I bet that sharing with you and helping you out with your project made his sickness easier to bear for him.

May Bubba Rest in Peace.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

Steve,

I'm very sorry for your loss and will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Keep a part of your dad with you when you finish building your orange car. Little things that others may not understand or think is silly, but to you makes all the sense in the world. Bubba will be with you just like my brother will be with me.

godspeed Bubba...