• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Damn spark plugs!

ClayW

So, I'm told by the CarQuest guy that Bosch is no longer making W8DC plugs any more. They are, however, offering the following:

WR8DC

W8DCO

WR8DCW

I caved and bought the last ones, because that's all Autozone had and they were cheap ($5 for 4).

Can anyone shed some light on the differences?

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

So, I'm told by the CarQuest guy that Bosch is no longer making W8DC plugs any more. They are, however, offering the following:

WR8DC

W8DCO

WR8DCW

I caved and bought the last ones, because that's all Autozone had and they were cheap ($5 for 4).

Can anyone shed some light on the differences?

No idea about those plugs but I heard that's absolutely not true - major carriers like Autozone, etc. are no longer carrying/stocking the product however Bosch still makes the plug. They are still available at many smaller shops - which we should all be shopping at anyway IMO

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

So, based upon the cool Bosch sparkplug 'secret decoder ring' chart, and the choice of plugs listed by the original poster - the W8DCO's would be the best choice to 'equiv' W8DCs? Yes? (They have no resistor, and their only diff being "O" suffix, whch indicates a 'deviation from basic version' - meaning exactly what?)

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

So, based upon the cool Bosch sparkplug 'secret decoder ring' chart, and the choice of plugs listed by the original poster - the W8DCO's would be the best choice to 'equiv' W8DCs? Yes? (They have no resistor, and their only diff being "O" suffix, whch indicates a 'deviation from basic version' - meaning exactly what?)

The guy at Carquest looked in some (?) book hat told him that the W8DC0's had a heaver duty electrode. They were listed for some Mercedes and were about $3.50 each versus a little over $1 each for the WR8DCW's........I'm curious if they'll work better or at least last longer.

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

Kieth was telling me about trying bosch W7DSR in stella (i'm pretty sure that was the number). I'd never heard of using silver (the S in W7DSR ) but it sounded interesting. I don't think they make an 8 or non-resister silver type though

edit: actually there are WR8DS .. no idea if they'd work well or not