• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need the loudest aftermarket horn..

RayC911

Anyone tried one of these Hella horns or can recommend another brand. I had a lady in a SUV change lanes into me the other day. I was standing on my horn until I passed her up and she still didn't notice me. In her defense, my 02 is small, white and low. I want the loudest/biggest horns short of having to mount it on my hood please. TIA.

http://www.rallylights.com/hella/horns.asp

Ray

73 Chamonix-S14 powered

Elefant Supply Apparel & more O=00=O

faq sig

A Nathan P-5 is fairly loud and has a nice tone.

A better solution(weighing about 200lbs less) is to check out some of the air horns from www.wolo-mfg.com. They have all the cheesy musical horns, but they also have some cool airhorns.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

I have the Hella supertones on my 2003 Toyota tundra. They are pretty loud and I like them. A mechanic friend of mine showed me a trick on older cars that people never really used the horns on and that was to just keep honking it for a while. It got louder and louder, he said it was built up junk inside of them, but do it somewhere where not too many people are around since the sound of just honking the horn could get on some people's nerves.

~Henry Hsu

'74 2002 Tii Golf Vin# 2780100

golf2002ql6.gif

I'm running a pair of Bosch. Sounds similar to the old Mercedes horns. It is loud. You can actually use 2 pairs. I did it on my previous car and it's awesome. Gives you a nice and high "BING" tone. Go to the junk yard and get a few. Make sure to use a relay.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

Fiat 124 Spiders - they're not very big, the air compressor for them is about the size of an ignition coil, they're LOUD, and they're not terribly expensive (Aardvark International has a kit that includes a relay, compressor and 2 horns for about $60 - see http://www.talbotco.com/fiamm.htm).

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)