• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

are these specs on an ebay car real?

jerry

was wondering if a 210HP M10 engine with Mikuni dual carbs, 304 Cam and fancy pistons is realistic? 0-60 mph in 5 seconds.

i'm not affiliated in any manner with this car or seller. just wondering.

click here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-2002-2002-Restored-Roadster_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42601QQihZ003QQitemZ130032952551QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

no idea about the hp statement, but the statement about:

"Vehicle passes the yearly VA inspection with no difficulty as it predates many current inspection requirements. Vehicle also predates the emissions standards."

may not be entirely true. AFAIK, the vehicle inspection has no grandfather clause. i've taken my 02 in to be inspected in VA and have had the same issues as any other car i've taken in...brake pad wear, tire tread depth, worn ball joints...i can't see how there is anything on a 70s model that would predate the state inspection requirements. the inspection is a list of around 20 items, all pretty standard to any car. it's not like they are making sure the air bags deploy or the nav system is accurate.

edit: here's a link to the full list of inspection points:

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/safety.htm#Virginia

i know if you register your car as an antique, you are exempt from the vehicle and emission inspections. but if you register it as a regular passenger vehicle you still have to do the state inspection but any car older than 25 years does NOT have to have an emissions inspection. i suppose it also depends on where you take the car for the state vehicle inspection. if you're friends with the mechanic...

'74 turkis 2002ti(-i)

was wondering if a 210HP M10 engine with Mikuni dual carbs, 304 Cam and fancy pistons is realistic? 0-60 mph in 5 seconds.

i'm not affiliated in any manner with this car or seller. just wondering.

No way does that car put up those numbers. Gotta love that red horn next to the battery. Also there's a canister of sorts in the driver's side headlight area? And a non-stock radiator??

If that motor had that kind of power the owner would know what's in it. Also look at the strut tower bushings - spacers removed but they aren't in the best shape. You'd most likely see things like a strut bar, electric fuel pump, not the funky cam driven one (never seen one like that before) and more. Not trying to turn this into a "rip on that car" thread but it's highly unlikely. Anything with 200+ hp at the wheels or the flywheel would be cleaner, have catch cans, fatter tires & be built. Why spend the serious coin on a motor and then leave the rest stock.

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

Whats up with the exhuast 'cap' thing?

Thats a Super Trap muffler with stackable plates to create and reduce back pressure. They use to be very popular here (BC Canada) in the mid 90's.

I alsways liked the look of them but they are loud.

bmw2002.ca - Want a powered by Gmail you@bmw2002.ca e-mail? Contact me for a free account.

iRoxy.ca Canadian small business web hosting services

• Administrators

i run it on my car without plates inplaces where we have no sound limits. It clocks at 102 DB at full throttle from 50 feet. With 6 plates i can drop it to 89db.

there is a noticable loss in power.

The muflers themselves are also very light.

steve k.

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

Probably a Supertrapp muffler.

With a straight pipe and a 4" Supertrapp, the exhaust note is very distinct. Suprisingly, not overly loud. Nice to be able to tune it to your needs by just adding or removing some baffle plates.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Guest Anonymous

Not even close....

As mentioned before that is a huge overstatement of HP ratings and zero to sixty times.

That motor if done with proper porting etc is probably in the 150-160 (MAX) range at the flywheel and even that is optimistic, I have a motor that came with my race car from a well known 2002 builder and the porting is brutal.

So my best guess is that it would be an optimistic 150 HP, only slightly more powerful then a stock tii,