• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

did bmw make a diesel engine car? (nt)

Lorfjord

They make lots of them now and a lot in the past as well. The 524td was the only one sold in the states, but they've sold diesel versions of almost every body style since in europe. E30 324td, E36 318 tds and 325tds, E38 725tds, 730d, 740d; E39 525d; E46 318d,320d,330d and even the 4wd 330xd. Urban legend has it that the GM diesel of the 80's killed the US market for diesel passenger cars. Personally, I don't think the 524td did much to help.

I so want a 330d touring with a 6sp and sport package! I can only hope they sell it here someday.

Check this out, 330d pulling to 259kph!

Check this one too, 330ci vs 330d

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

When in Europe a couple months ago we saw a ton of diesel Bimmers (actually, many tons worth). Especially in London, we spotted many 1-Series diesels, mainly 120d. Wish we'd get 'em here, once the oil giants get the high sulphur content outta the diesel fuel.

Bob Napier

I so want a 330d touring with a 6sp and sport package! I can only hope they sell it here someday.

You know I seriously considered getting one, but ironically they're so bloody common round here I didn't want to be one of the herd!

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

Nick,

We just bought a used 04 Jetta (Bora for you guys) wagon with the TDi motor. I can't tell you how much we like this car. Two weeks ago we drove to my mothers house (505 mi) and when we got there we still had a 1/4 tank of fuel!

I think the time has come for diesels in the US. And don't you think a 330d touring would complement my o2? Maybe I can get one in Colorado?

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Nick,

We just bought a used 04 Jetta (Bora for you guys) wagon with the TDi motor. I can't tell you how much we like this car. Two weeks ago we drove to my mothers house (505 mi) and when we got there we still had a 1/4 tank of fuel!

I think the time has come for diesels in the US. And don't you think a 330d touring would complement my o2? Maybe I can get one in Colorado?

John

They're all great cars, but for the price of a 5 year old 330d sport Touring I can get a low mileage Audi RS2 - 315 turboed ponies and quattro drivetrain. What I loose on fuel bills I'll make up for in depreciation.

297336_1_normal.jpg

Unless of course I come over all sensible...

ps they used to be called Jetta's in the UK, not sure if they've switched to the Bora tag or not.

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg