• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for Touring Owners

02Les

I keep a sorta-kinda list of Tourings in the US and welcome anyone to email me with details (VIN, ext & int colour, town/city & state).

Also, anyone know the car Touring in the pic? It may have PA plates.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Get in touch with Goetz Pfafflin at the BMW VCCCA. He should have contact info on Ed - a big (physically and figuratively) presence in vintage BMWs in this country. Just look for a big guy with an even bigger cigar. Goetz would also likely have John from Cincinnati's contact info. There were only a handful of '02s on the Marathon.

David

Ed is a good guy. He owns Cumberland Valley Motors, but sold the BMW franchise several years ago. He has lots of cars, including the touring and turbo in the picture, a 3.0CSi he drove on the BMWVCCA tour through New England a couple of years ago, and I think he has an M-1 too.

BMWCCA #2762
72 2002/71 2002ti, 67 2000CS, 2x 72 3.0CS
86 635, 2x 05 330Ci ZHP, 
'11 Corvette Grand Sport

I know Ed personally. He supported Mid-Atlantik '02 Fest in its heyday with many door prizes from his BMW dealership in Mechanicsburg, PA before he sold it....if you need his phone number I can get it for you. Ed's a "character" & a true BMW enthusiast. Owning a dealership for many years gave him the opportunity to "collect" alot of Bimmers through contacts and trade-ins.... he just couldn't let many cool vintage Bimmers slip through his fingers! :-)

By the way, I think one reason Ed sold (other than retirement) is because he was "pissed" at not being selected to carry the Mini at his dealership. There "still" is no Mini dealer in mid-state PA! That's just "wrong"! :-(

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

I know Ed personally. He supported Mid-Atlantik '02 Fest in its heyday with many door prizes from his BMW dealership in Mechanicsburg, PA before he sold it....if you need his phone number I can get it for you. Ed's a "character" & a true BMW enthusiast. Owning a dealership for many years gave him the opportunity to "collect" alot of Bimmers through contacts and trade-ins.... he just couldn't let many cool vintage Bimmers slip through his fingers! :-)

By the way, I think one reason Ed sold (other than retirement) is because he was "pissed" at not being selected to carry the Mini at his dealership. There "still" is no Mini dealer in mid-state PA! That's just "wrong"! :-(

I met Ed a few years ago. If he has a touring, I'm sure it is in excellent shape. He has one of the best unrestored turbos I have every seen.

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

I just got my new copy of Bimmer today. In the article on BimmerFest, there was a pic of an Alpina touring. What a beautiful piece. Kudos to whoever owns it. Would love to see more detailed photos.

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

That is a FAQers car - excuse my lack of knowledge, but I think its Jan or similar... he was runner up to CJ in the Classics section of Bimmerfest...

There has been a few photos posted from the event that show the car in more detail.

Todd

toddsig05.jpg