• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your top 3 favorite cars of all time.

I have pretty much had the same list ever since i can remember.

i currently own 1 off the list, and recently had the chance to buy another one but i was a little short. and my brother has owned both off the list that i dont have =)

Bill-Colihan.jpg

As long as its aircooled, and in great shape, anyone will do.

side1.jpg

I long for this car, had the chance to buy one a couple months ago but had to pass. only 200 in north america. all of them are the early style 10v turbos, but ill take what ever i can get when finances allow.

1020952.jpg

Last but not least, the car i already own from the list. mine is a 1960 all original 1 year only mango green coloured car with a 1600cc dual 40 solex carbs. Car will get a full restoration when finances allow aswell but shes happy right now in climate controled storage.

what is on your top 3 list ?

I totally dont get this "Aircooled vs Watercooled" debate... it is a bit of a non event here... I love old VW's - Karmann Ghia's, bugs, etc... one of my favourite cars are a Kombi Samba... but I also love new Porsches, Audi's, etc. that are considered sacrilegious amongst diehard Aircooled fans.

There is a technological progression from air cooled to water cooled and both have their merits for affective production of power, but what is the big deal? The past is the past, maintain your cars to the best of your ability!

My 3 favourite cars if I was to narrow it down to three...

BMW 3.5CSL - batmobile kit, motorsports colors etc.

Shelby Cobra 427 - guardsmens blue, white stripes, pin drives etc.

Porsche 356 A Speedster - black with dark green interior.

There are many more that I would love... these are the classics I really want.

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

Well, I'll be honest, I already own one of my favourites! An inka orange 2002.... E21's (well, they're on their way!), revolution alloys, and all the other bits that make you know you're sitting in something special!

I think top of my list would be Porsche 911 RS – white with the ducktail, blue script writing and those gorgeous fuchs! I love an old 70's sports car and the germans seem to have found a way in to my heart! As it stands I would be happy with a nice early 70's 911.... preferably in silver or green. If you're going period, go for a fun period colour!

The final car on the list would be a DeTomaso Pantera.... when I was much younger I was driven around a racetrack at a charity event which my father was working at. I still remember the feeling of getting into it – it looked amazing to a young boy and the sound of it when he fired it up was unbelievable. I was pinned to the seat as he threw it around and I got out in love with the thing!

Of course, these are only my favourite from a certain period. There are other amazing cars I love - the E46 M3 is insanely fast and sounds beautiful from inside. I love Mk1 golfs (rabbits or whatever where you are!), Mitsubishi Colt EX2000 Turbos (nearly bought one a few weeks back!) and the obvious Shelby Mustangs. Its really hard to pin it down to just three!

Under $20K would be a Triumph TR8. $20K-$50K would be a Pantera. Over $50k would be a Noble M400. These are the best budget minded performance cars on the planet. (might consider a 911 if the parts weren't so damn expensive)

My top three:

BMW e30 M3

1955 Mercedes-Benz 190 SL

1955 Porsche 550 Spyder

I will probably own the top two on the list at some point....the 550 is rare and costs as much as my house....so it's something to aspire to anyway...you've got to set goals in your life ya know!

'03 BMW Z4 3.0i

’89 BMW 325is

'80 Mercedes-Benz 300SD
'20 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT

That's a tough one.....but what first pops into my mind are:

1965 Shelby Mustang GT 350

DeTamasso Pantera - Kick Ass Car!

BMW E30 M3 & 2002tii (or course) - Tie

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

1. My 1969 BMW 1600 - Before I killed it. Mine was Sahara and had 142K on it when I became the 3rd owner.14110_1024.jpg

2. 1965 Jaguar XKE 4.2L - That's just a beautiful car....and the engine is a work of art.etype.jpg

3. 1953-1979 VW Beetles - They saved an economy and provided cheap, reliable transport to MILLIONS of people. You still can't find a cheaper or easier car to restore. My hat is off.vw%20bug%201937.jpg

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

cool dude! thanks. She came that way. The original dealership sticker, faintly visible, is from webber motors in san leandro. I think they installed the bars there. Sort of a bitch to mount driving lights with em on though.

cool dude! thanks. She came that way. The original dealership sticker, faintly visible, is from webber motors in san leandro. I think they installed the bars there. Sort of a bitch to mount driving lights with em on though.

i dont like the look of driving lights much anyway... this is what i have to start with:

BMW07.JPG

James

'73 2002tii - inka

user1449_pic1108_1255377205.jpg

If it is possible to narrow it down :P These are the 3 I'd love to build/restore one day. The Double Cab is one I've wanted for years! I was close to getting one, but bought a 66 Kombi bus instead... Man, I loved that bus :) There wouldn't be a day I drove it w/o someone throwing me the "hang loose" sign :) it got alot of attention with the 2 tone baby blue and white paint, lowered with 15" porsche chrome wheels with the nippled hubcaps. Clean and done right.

152176598.jpg

152176597.jpg

152176592.jpg

My compliments to those that own these cars! Very dreamy!!!