• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

picked up my "new" tii!

jpcapoc

I picked up my 74 golf tii today. It's for real - 10,700 original miles! As advertised. One fine car! It's beatiful and unbelievably well preserved. Need to replace the center propshaft bearing, I'm sure there's a couple of other things that need some replacing. All the other rubber looks outstanding. I was thinking that I would have to replace most of it, but after my first initial inspection, I don't think it's necessary. I'll check it out a little closer tomorrow, but so far, it's even better than I anticipated. I'm so thrilled!

I'll post more pics tomorrow if it's not raining.

post-1088-13667563269777_thumb.jpg

John Capoccia

'70 Verona

Don't let anybody tell you that Golf isn't a cool color! My intro to 2002's was a 72 Golf in perfect condition and it certainly got attention back in the day. Good luck w/your new toy! (not like I am envious)

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Great looking car. My dream car is very similar to the car you picked up. A golf 72tii all original with extremely low milage. I've only seen one 72 tii in golf(in person) and that guy flew past us at 80 on I5 in eugene oregon at 1am.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on

Especially every '02 Minute! Gorgeous find...you should be very proud!! :-)

All The Best,

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

i'm happy for you. thank goodness i was wrong. it would be interesting to document all the inspection paint swabs underneath for posterity.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

**** hammer.gifhammer.gifIT'S BIMMERTIMEhammer.gifhammer.gif ****

bimmerfest_2006_banner.gif

event.png

........................... Click here to Link to FAQ Bimmerfest Thread ........................

Now you need to bring it up to Bimmerfest, so we can all see it in person..

Beautiful car, congratulations.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours