• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Euro front over riders??

BLUNT

haha james barnes just got those. he emailed me and told me of them while we were discussing some stuff he bought from me. he made a comment after showing them to me that he hoped i couldnt have got them for less. i wanted to toy with him and tell them i had those new for 50 bucks but didnt have the heart

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They do want to go to a better home. They're good for a driver, but want replating to match a fresh paint job. Don't know how to price them, so if you find new please let me know the price. Maybe these are worth 30% of new??

If Blunt doesn't want them I'll take them.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

In the UK and some other English speaking Countries, these chrome/rubber things are called overriders. Ask Jaymic for bumper guards and they probably won't have a clue.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Yeah, we call them over riders... I thought that was what you called them too!?!

I knew what Blunt was on about though :-)

thats what i call them because somewhere i saw them referred to as that. i alsways thought they were called bumper gaurds too. i will create a 3rd name for them to further confuse people

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Guest Anonymous

haha james barnes just got those. he emailed me and told me of them while we were discussing some stuff he bought from me. he made a comment after showing them to me that he hoped i couldnt have got them for less. i wanted to toy with him and tell them i had those new for 50 bucks but didnt have the heart

HAHA, the only reason I sent you the info was I saw you were looking for some yesterday.

If you are using an early bumper (without the rubber strip on the bumper ends), the latter overrider's won't do it. They have a notch to clear the rubber.

I am going through the same situation with my car's front bumper. I have an early one to install (w/o rubber strips), and I have what seems like a gazillion bumper guards for later chrome-bumper cars.

I swapped sides with the overriders, then cut the notch that fits over the rubber to match the contour of the chrome bumper ends. As you can see, it worked. All you have to do is use washers on the backside.

post-123-13667563127792_thumb.jpg

post-123-1366756312879_thumb.jpg

j9273c.jpg
'71 Agave, '71 Verona, '74 Inka, '73 Chamonix

"FAQ Member Number 60"

If you are using an early bumper (without the rubber strip on the bumper ends), the latter overrider's won't do it. They have a notch to clear the rubber.

I am going through the same situation with my car's front bumper. I have an early one to install (w/o rubber strips), and I have what seems like a gazillion bumper guards for later chrome-bumper cars.

I swapped sides with the overriders, then cut the notch that fits over the rubber to match the contour of the chrome bumper ends. As you can see, it worked. All you have to do is use washers on the backside.

Great idea! Any pics?

Thanks,

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

The horizontal bar at the front was known as the badge bar from the days when motorists proudly displayed their AA badge or Lagonda Owners' Club badge etc.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17