• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project Polaris - TMK-001's 1973 squarie rebuild.

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went on a search to find Arvo and came up with Arvo = Afternoon. Keep them coming. Also if I could figure out Australian rules football that would be great. Its a hoot to watch but I can't figure out whats going on half the time:)

Cars - I'll look in the driveway and let you know later.

you should go watch some of the St. Louis Blues Australian football team, john. they practice in forest park, or used to, behind the tennis courts. i played for them for a bit when i lived in STL, before i tore up my knee. www.bluesfooty.com

"get a root in a ute, it's a real bewt."

and speaking of forest park, are you going to the redbull soapbox derby tomorrow? we're driving back for that and a halloween party.

'74 turkis 2002ti(-i)

John,

I think this site has alot of them covered. Good laugh too hahaha

http://nathan.link9.net/?page=slang_ozzy

http://www.modnet.com.au/~firefrog/occerisms.htm

Aussie rules is simple. Try and get the ball through the two big posts (6 points). If it goes through one of the big posts and one of the small posts (one located on either side of the big posts), its a behind (1 point).

- you cant throw (must handball)

- cant hold a man who hasnt got the ball (called holding the man)

- cant hang onto the ball if your being held (called holding the ball)

- when someone takes a mark, you can go back and kick from this place(or a bit behind it as there is usually a guy from the oposition standing on the mark) without beind takled. However you dont have to and you can just play on straight away.

They are the basics! haha

Tom

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

you should go watch some of the St. Louis Blues Australian football team, john. they practice in forest park, or used to, behind the tennis courts. i played for them for a bit when i lived in STL, before i tore up my knee. www.bluesfooty.com

and speaking of forest park, are you going to the redbull soapbox derby tomorrow? we're driving back for that and a halloween party.

I was so bummed out that I did not make the Red Bull derby. Great event and a great location. I spent many a youthful winter day on Art Hill. Assuming they are going to run it again next year I want to enter it. Would I be able to get any suggestions... from this board if I decide to enter a BMW themed (maybe an 02) soapbox derby car next year?

I wish I would have known earlier you were dring into town I would have made an effort to meet.

John

Oh yes I will check them out.

John,

I think this site has alot of them covered. Good laugh too hahaha

http://nathan.link9.net/?page=slang_ozzy

http://www.modnet.com.au/~firefrog/occerisms.htm

Aussie rules is simple. Try and get the ball through the two big posts (6 points). If it goes through one of the big posts and one of the small posts (one located on either side of the big posts), its a behind (1 point).

- you cant throw (must handball)

- cant hold a man who hasnt got the ball (called holding the man)

- cant hang onto the ball if your being held (called holding the ball)

- when someone takes a mark, you can go back and kick from this place(or a bit behind it as there is usually a guy from the oposition standing on the mark) without beind takled. However you dont have to and you can just play on straight away.

They are the basics! haha

Tom

Thanks Tom thats explains a little, just a little;). Before your explanation I thought it was Rafferty's Rules. See I'm already using the Ozzy Lingo site. Although that in itself is a bit funny as the first image in my head when I read "Ozzy Lingo" is Ozzy Osbourne. And I'm for darned certain to figure out Australian lingo before I ever figure out what Ozzy is saying.

John

John, I've lived here six years and sometimes I still have no idea. I heard a word two days ago - "Motza" which means alot, I think. It's never ending with the words they come up with here. They do certainly have their own language!

"My dad was right, it was cheaper just to buy a new car."

'75 Golf Yellow Automatic 2002 with Weber 32/36 DGAV - "Karl"

railwayKarl-1.jpg

Piss has a number of meanings in Oz.

A few examples:

Taking a piss - going to the toilet.

Taking the piss - making fun of someone.

Pissed - Angry.

Pissed - drunk.

Pisser/Piss funny - very funny.

Piss pot - drinks a lot.

Piss head - drinks a lot.

Piss ant - very small.

Back on topic... I have a busy week this week, my oldest sisters wedding is Friday and I have to organise a fair few things for her before then, so not much work on my car this week - just two days, I am heading down shortly to start gettign them fired up rubbing it all back.

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

• 2 months later...

It's been a while people, but I am back with a vengeance...

The car is all sprayed, looking top notch. I am now in the process of putting it back together as well as searching for a few illusive parts that I cant seem to get my hands on :-(

Once again, Blunt has been terrific in supplying all the BMW parts in a timely and affordable manner. Most appreciated!

I finally received my headlining from Al just after the new years, I am yet to fit it, but it will happen soon, I will let you know how I go... no sunroof is supposed to be the hardest... I cant wait! I have no patience at all!

The workshop finally opened up after the christmas break/the owner overseas, so I have spent the last two days fitting bits and pieces, tidying up, etc.

In the next two days there should be some serious progress and I will keep you all posted and make sure I snap some pics... It is all very exciting to me... the home row now.

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

The car is currently in a state of final reassembly.

It is still a fair way off as I have to organise many things before I can drive it - the motor is getting a single 45 weber side draught manifold and a few other little bits to make it sing that little louder.

So here are a few update pictures...

Lurking in the darkness

IMG_2801.jpg

IMG_2787.jpg

All new headlights, turn signals, grills, wings, nose section...

IMG_2798.jpg

Turn signals are just sitting there for the moment - I snapped the drill bit fucking around with it on something else and had to pick one up this afternoon, but ran out of time.

IMG_2790.jpg

Nice and straight Polaris Respray... doors are yet to be adjusted, just hanging - we will put a bit more effort into making the panel fit and gaps nice and smooth in the coming weeks.

IMG_2793.jpg

Badger, badger, badger... this is the original badge, I think I might get a new one... what do people think about a new badge or keep the old one? Every other shiney bit has been replaced on the car...

IMG_2792.jpg

Tail happy - brand new rear lights - just gotta get some clips to fit the rear strip (yeah, I'll have to pull the lights out to fit that, but I wanted to get them in place to make it look a bit neater today... you can also see the centre exit exhaust and the tow loop that is covered in overspray...

Still a long way to go, but its nice to be going through final reassembly rather than fitting and removing all the time like have been doing on and off for the past how ever long...

I thought I would never consider another project after some of the headaches I have had with this car, but I've already started planning the next non-02 project.

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

Todd,

You can get SS clips for that rear panel (you probably already knew that though)

Looks great anyway - I recon leave the original badge and polish it up - every scratch tells a story, that badge can tell yours!

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky