• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project Polaris - TMK-001's 1973 squarie rebuild.

Guest Anonymous

I decided to keep the knee height ones on Blacky because they were black anyway. Here is a link to they ebay seller cpi_auto's website: http://www.cpiauto.com/

I also got a set from RIMSPOKE - I think i got the knee height ones from him and the rear trim ones from cpi.

I hope i can make the knee heigh ones perfect like Cris's!

Tom

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a quick update... I am half way through putting the bumper bars back on, half way through the roof lining, and I have done a fair few other things.

I arrived home tonight to find a set of Lee's Massive Brakes in my lounge room! I was pretty excited! They look fantastic! I will be late braking everywhere!

I'll post some pics later today...

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

Rear brakes will be standard for a little while... I will get a MAssive Brake kit if they can formulate a eBrake set up for it... if not I might have a look at that Merlin set up that Nick Vyse posted a while back - I saved the link.

Tom, I'm aiming for it... still not sure, I will be there none the less. No race, I want to do it all right the first time.

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

So, I dug out all my parts and had a good look at what I needed to buy and what I needed to fix up... the windscreen wipers were a little bit pitted, so I sanded them all back and sprayed them like they originally looked. I was really happy with how well they came out.

Image306.jpg

Not really obvious by the pic, but its an idea of what I have been up to...

I put together all of the fuel filler neck and inspected for cracks and what not. I assume this has been replaced as it is in exceptional condition. The PO had fitted a locking fuel cap and that was refitted as I have never had an issue with that leaking.

Image307.jpg

I put the bumper bars together (Aussie spec cars came with Euro bars and my car had the rear over riders on it from factory, so they stayed... I have never seen them on another car, so I assume they must be rare? I had them all rechromed and my black strip has a hole in it for the bolt to go though, so the over riders stay.

I had everything rechromed, but I am not happy with the rear centre section as it is warped in the middle on the top section... so I am sending that back - the chrome place has been very good to me in the past...

Image308.jpg

I fitted the numberplate as it was a two minute job and I sort of wanted to do something to keep me inspired... everyone had a good laugh at it saying "Your a bit far away from worrying about numberplates!"

In case you were wondering, that is how I got my username...

Image310.jpg

I started fitting the headlining, but will finish it on Monday... I had to get back to Geelong for yesterday arvo... It seems reasonably straight forward... except for that board bit at the back... I will probably get one of the blokes in the shop to give me a hand.

Thanks for coming on my build up journey with me... I appreciate the feedback and the comments. It is getting there finally!

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

Triple post...

The trunk/boot and hood/bonnet are yet to be painted. I spent yesterday morning sanding and rust proofing all of the mounts for them and hopefully sometime in the next week I will have them painted.

I also did the tank seal kit for POR15... I was not 100% happy with the results, but I hope it works. I had silver hands for a few days! (It isnt cool to even mention the word "gloves" at the workshop) I made a bit of a mess on the top of the tank, but I cleaned it all up and sanded it all back to perfect finish. it will be painted gloss black all over in the coming week as well.

I have got really good on prepping, sanding, etc. and even not too bad on the spray gun. I guess lots of practise is what makes you good. I still prefer them to jump i and spray my stuff, that way I know it is going to be 100% the first time. Both the dudes in the work shop are realllly good spray painters.

I cannot fault them.

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sitting in the office in Mt Gambier... just spent 2 quality days that I had dedicated to 02, sweeping, washing, wiping, cleaning at my family business... hopefully I will get a chance to play tomorrow and Friday...

Front bumper is on, tank is in, no pics...

More pics soon.

Todd

toddsig05.jpg