• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project Polaris - TMK-001's 1973 squarie rebuild.

Guest Anonymous

love the super shiney chrome! what's with the mustang being IN FRONT of you? surely that car hasn't been there since 2005? never mind, spring weather will be perfect for the GOR drive - i can't wait, so you must be chaffing at the bit!

faqsignature.jpg

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hehehe, the Mustang *has* been there longer than me :-P

There is a few cars where owners are drip feeding the payment I think... given that my car went from being a repair, to a pretty full on resto, I have ended up in the back up of cars in the resto line I guess...

I love GOR in the spring time! (I love it ALL the time!!)

*BTW* BMW Australia has a promotion on right now saying "Oneday I'll have the perfect BMW in my garage."

One day I will have my BMW in my garage, that will do :-P (still waiting on the M2 to be announced, I will have one of those too :-D)

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

Looking good buddy! - Cant wait to see it in paint.

Hey mate, I just called you... I want to get some details from you in regards to your Superlites. Can you measure the centre hole on both your 14's and 15's (the spare doesnt have a cap if I remember correctly)... I need to know if something is going to fit the hole :-)

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

Sure mate... i'll do it in the morning and msg you.

Btw, the email i sent RCCrafters with those side kick panel mounting panels for the speakers kept bouncing so i never found out a price. Thats why i never got back to you on that.

Tom

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

Looking good buddy! - Cant wait to see it in paint.

Hey mate, I just called you... I want to get some details from you in regards to your Superlites. Can you measure the centre hole on both your 14's and 15's (the spare doesnt have a cap if I remember correctly)... I need to know if something is going to fit the hole :-)

Todd

Its just shy of 7cm on the 15's... The 14's are under the house. I wouldnt think they'd be any different. Tell me if you want it down to the mm and i'll re check ;-)

Tom

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

He got them from this mob:

http://www.performancewheels.com.au/super_lite_wheels.htm

Offset = 33mm but has a spacer (yet to find out how big the spacer is). I like your thinking with 195's *thumbs up in that regard!*

I cant recall the price he paid but i think with 5 wheels and 5 Advans, it was a tad over 2k

Tom

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

Cool... I have to find a place that will put together a package for me... tyres and wheels. I got quoted $240 per wheel, then $315 a tyre for Dunlop Tarmac tyres 195/55/15... bit rich for me on the tyres, so I will shop around a bit for some Advans - I called my mate to see where he got his from, but I couldnt get a hold of him.

Your car, under heavy load only just touches, so the 195 should hopefully be spot on...

We will have a Polaris, a Chamonix and a Shwarz all with superlites... we are all soooo original!

Blunt, I cant reply to your emails. I am picking up what you are putting down however. I will have a chat to you tonight to work out what I have asked for from you and what else I need...

Lee shipped my brakes... 8-10 weeks! HOLY SHIT that is a long time! Those Canadians take their time up there - I really should have sent them airmail :-P Hindsight!

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

[We will have a Polaris, a Chamonix and a Shwarz all with superlites... we are all soooo original!

]

and they will all sooo cool too, lined up together with 13 Beach as a backdrop!

How's Blacky shaping up Tom? I reckon you'll be finding it hard to find time to devote to your project as your year gears up!

faqsignature.jpg

Tom has to focus on school... he has that HUGE post-exam break to worry about getting the car ont he road :-P

I think it might be 14th Beach by the time my car is on the road now... I am not expecting it back anytime soon. I am working on it tomorrow, I plan on heading down and ripping the whole interior out of it and removing all the tar from the area and cleaning it all up, sealing and painting black... maybe not all tomorrow, but I will have a fair crack at it.

I spoke to the painter today and he is saying three thursdays away... so if we go by previous attempts at getting the car out by dates, you should expect to see it some time before christmas.

Although there has been set backs, each time I have stuff like this, it give me more chance to buy things and get them all right before putting them back together...

Happy '02ing!

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

Hey Tim,

Todd's right, ive been a bit preoccupied with athletics and school recently but still manage to check out 02faq as some relaxation :-D

Blacky is shaping up well thanks mate! In primer at the moment, still moving forward slowly but surely. I havnt really set a completion date but im thinking a similar time frame as Todd's lol. Might be painted a bit sooner (2 weeks maybe *fingers crossed*). I really have to give Bill all the credit for the bodywork. Hes been slaving away up there endlessly and hes gonna be just as stoked as me when he sees the finish im sure! *THANKS BILL!*- It also looks like I'll be driving Whitey on my P's for a while which is super! 38 Days to go...

Take care,

Tom

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky