• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project Polaris - TMK-001's 1973 squarie rebuild.

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

All is great mate! I have been FLAT out with work in the past fortnight and have not been near it. I have been sending around my hired henchmen to have a look at it and they (dad) tell me things are happening. It is pretty well all primed and the nose with the guards on has all been painted.

The small amount of rust is fixed in the rear boot area and they have redone the whole back end where I had them cut the exhaust. I wasn't happy with it at all so they have fixed it.

A few other things are happening, so hopefully next week I can get down there and get them cracking with the paint.

Another deadline goes by... when I get it back - you will all know about it!!

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

Soooo, the fun continues... Still no paint, but heaps of work has been done on it apparently. Reinforcing door brake mounts, fixing a small amount of rust in the boot, most of the car is primed, guards have been sound deadened...

I purchased a Davis Craig 14" push fan and a thermo switch... Thanks to 02faq - Shaun & Zenon - I plan on using their method of wiring. :-)

I plan on painting the galvinised section on the front of the fan that can be seen from the front - when I paint all the inner nose section black.

Battery relocation is underway. All the fittings, battery, etc. arrived today. I have to sort out where to put the isolator before I go any further though - was thinking of constructing a new centre console insert for two new guages, the isolator switch and a few other toggle switches for the thermo fan, and a few switches for a future modification ;-)

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

I was hoping I would be cruising too! I have been flat out with work... hence the 2:20am postings... I am reinforcing the door brake mounts as the old ones were a bit delicate and I thought it was best to do it now rather than in 12 months after the car was all painted. Do it now and forget about it!

toddsig05.jpg

Todd! How many weeks to go till the German Autofest :P I am running around in rings waiting for your car to be back in one piece...and let me tell ya in advance, I am staying in Geelong for a week late Sept/early Oct so the Polaris better be ready by then lol.

In the mean time...let me get back to changing nappies. It's just as depressing as not being able to find a decent 02.

Headed down to the paint shop today...

Work is coming along *ok* slow and steady. I am crook as a dog with the flu right now so I really couldnt get into it today.

I pulled the dash out so they could fix some stuff, then I began refurbishing the tank by bead blasting the exterior to get off the light surface rust... tomorrow I will seal it and paint it a nice shiney black!

I also ordered a set of Lee's Massive Brakes. Hopefully they arrive soon. I am getting Tii mounts so I have added incentive to get Ground Control Tii based coil-overs sorted ASAP... money, ha.

I am still umming and ahhing on the roof liner color... I was going to go with red interior, but I had a change of mind again! :-P

There are a few more bits I would love before I put the car back together, but I am pretty short on cash right now!

Pics, well I couldn't be bothered, dont be offended, I just seriously am stuffed right now.

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

I spent the last few days down working on the car, when I am there, they get cracking on it. It is at the point in time where they are ready to prime the whole car, but they are waiting on a delivery of 2 pack primer from their supplier who has not had the delivery yet... today I hear.

I painted up all the tank so it is shiney and black and looks all nice... I painted all the bumper mounting brackets and some of the hood mounting bits... I installed all the rubbers to the inside of the hood - it has been painted already (looks SWEEET too)

The thermo fan was fitted today... 14" Davis Craig with their control module. The auto electrician I am using is best mates with my painter and I am so happy with his work He has a lot of vision and is concerned about making the car look the best it can... He cut down the relay for the fan so it sat nicely in one of the spare factory relay holders... small stuff like that that add to the overall picture.

We also fitted the Braille battery under the rear seat... it took a little bit of playing around, but I am happy with the results. The car has not been started yet, but hopefully soon. I still have some small stuff to finish before we start it again.

I test fitted all of the "cosmetic" stuff like the headlights and grilles to ensure all the body lines matched up - sure enough they were perfect!

I head back on Thursday - I returned home to drop my mum at the airport - hopefully we can get it primed by the weekend... painted early next week. There is an early 1970 Mustang that is in front of me, so once that is done, in it goes to the booth.

I cant wait!

Then I have to remember how to put it all back together!!!

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

My mobile phone (with camera) went dead flat yesterday in the AM, so by the afternoon, I was wanting to take pics, but the damn thing was just a

paperweight.

I managed two shots...

One of all my chromed up bumper bits.

Image187.jpg

One of my duotone paintwork...

Image186.jpg

You like?

Some things are a bit of a surprise too :-P

Todd

toddsig05.jpg