• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

couple new pics 3/16/07

BLUNT

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WOW! It looks great even sanded down :)

I'd love to see your car and Harv's car together! Even just seeing Harv's signature above your pics is great.

thanks but yeah,,, pretty tough to beat harvs car. everytime i look at his i wish i would have done the flares. oh well. maybe my next one huh???

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

I know! If everyone listend to the bodyshop guys, every car would be red. Nothing wrong with Verona, Granada and such but DAMN! It's not a freekin Camaro!

Looks Great Blunt. Sometimes I think my car is a tad too dark but then I have another Holly Moses (Great Lakes Beer) and it looks great. Also I'm comparing it to other Colorados I have seen. And they were 30 years old....

Colorado kicks ass!

JOhn

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

thanks but yeah,,, pretty tough to beat harvs car. everytime i look at his i wish i would have done the flares. oh well. maybe my next one huh???

That's my current dilemma ;) I just bought a set of flares from HarryPR (thanks Harry!) - My wife isn't thrilled about them, but I love them.

Blunt, the pics are great. The car is looking awesome! How soon before you have pics with the final clears on the shell? How soon before you bring it home?

Andrew

1963 Vespa VNB

1972 BMW 2002 - Sold :-(

1972 Porsche 911T - Sold :-(

Blunt, the pics are great. The car is looking awesome! How soon before you have pics with the final clears on the shell? How soon before you bring it home?

Andrew

thanks andrew, ill go back monday. the shops closed on the weekend but i ran into one of the car detailers that works there this morning and he told me it was all done late friday and he said it looks like it was dipped into a big can of colorado. he said it had tons of depth to the paint which i was happy to hear. ill post em up monday evening

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

That's awesome. I spray-painted mine in my backyard :-) Yours is one of the cars that I have been following regularly on the FAQ. Can't wait to see it!

Andrew

1963 Vespa VNB

1972 BMW 2002 - Sold :-(

1972 Porsche 911T - Sold :-(

excuse the poor quality pics. they got the shell done and then stuck it in this tiny dark room that it barely fits in. they didnt want anyone pulling a harv on it (sorry john, that was mean) but anyway i couldnt get enough room to get any decent shots plus i had to use the flash. but anyway, the panels are perfect with no orange peel. the photos dont show it but they are like glass. almost too nice. the kind where you look at it and it leaves a mark. feels almost like plastic. ill try to get some better shots after the doors, hood and trunk are on.

theres one area im not happy about and that is up where the wiper motor goes. i can see some agave faintly in there and im not sure what to do. the painter was gone. but is there like a small detail gun he might be able to reshoot that area with without ruining all around it>>?? any of the pro painters know for sure??

done007.jpg

done006.jpg

done005.jpg

done004.jpg

done003.jpg

done002.jpg

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Looks magic mate! Congrats! The inner guards and all the other details look awesome... it will be a shame to drive it :-P

Now the fun stuff starts!!! When will you have it in your garage?

Todd

hopefully not for a little while. im building an e34 540 for my dad and i need to get the new motor in and running so ill have more room. i have 3 stalls but they are filled with subframes and motors and misc parts.

i knew as soon as i started this project they would settle the strike

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Hehehe, there could be worse predicaments :-P

So is your dad driving your E30 now?

no my dads driving the e30 i built for him 2 years ago. ive slowly converted him to a bmw fanatic. hes always hated them till he got a chance to drive mine. now he lives and breathes BMW

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Looks absolutely amazing in the paint. I remember that someone had mentioned that you need to reinforce the part where the door brake connects to door frame in one of you door brake GB threads? What did you end up having them do with it, just add a weld on the tabs?

~Henry Hsu

'74 2002 Tii Golf Vin# 2780100

golf2002ql6.gif