• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this car, similar to BMW 700 Coupe ?

Does anybody here know what this little car is ?

The pics were taken yesterday  in Paris, France.

It looks like a cousin of the BMW 700, but the 700 has cleaner and sportier lines while this car looks a little more cartoonish.

They are from the same era, though.

IMG_6127(1).jpeg

IMG_6125.jpeg

IMG_6124.jpeg

Yes, Autobianchi Biachina Cabriolet...

BRINGATRAILER.COM

Bid for the chance to own a 1960 Autobianchi Bianchina Cabriolet at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #93,206.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hacker of many things... master of none.

Gunther March 19, 1974. Hoffman Motors march 22 1974 NYC

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, OldRoller said:

Yes, Autobianchi Biachina Cabriolet...

Thanks, "Old Roller". I knew somebody here would come through.

Well, unlike the 700 with its 700cc motorcycle engine, it has a real four cylinder inline 500cc Fiat car engine. I don't know if that's a plus, but the Fiat motor is pretty reliable.

It's amazing these little micro cars are commanding such high prices when originally they were were designed as affordable, but stylish, transportation for the masses who can barely afford a car.

Edited by Zak

1 hour ago, zambo said:

Fiat 500 was a twin cylinder. 

My mistake. I thought it is related to the  4 cylinder 850 motor, which I thought was a bigger version of the 500, but It's obviously not.

33 minutes ago, Zak said:

My mistake. I thought it is related to the  4 cylinder 850 motor, which I thought was a bigger version of the 500, but It's obviously not.

I owned an 850 Sports Coupe back in the day … sprightly drive but build quality was not the best. 

• Like 1

The owner must live or work on that corner. Same car is parked there in Apple Maps, too. 

Fun fact, that’s really close to where the Bourne Mini chase scene started. They start at Gare du Nord, which is only a block away, then they escape through this neighborhood.  Bourne driving a pea green Autobianchi with the top down would have changed the tone of that scene. 😂

98D00DE1-9BF9-45E6-AAD7-D361E3252333.thumb.png.6bf3aa1229b24e5499bfdee4c87ed510.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, zambo said:

Fiat 500 was a twin cylinder. 

Air cooled in-line twin, rear engine.  The Nuova 500 (the underpinning of that Bianchina) was introduced in 1957 as a smaller, less expensive alternative to the 600.

In the original Pink Panther movie (a hilarious 1963 film starring Peter Sellers as Inspector Clouseau) a red Bianchina convertible figures prominently in the final chase scene, being driven by a malefactor in a gorilla suit, pursued by Clouseau.  A fair number of roll-back top Bianchinas were sold in the US, but very few convertibles like this one.

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite