• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EFI Tuner Needed - AEM Series 1

48 minutes ago, AustrianVespaGuy said:

@sczapiga Thank you! :D I'm very proud of our new Mini ECU and despite the higher price, I'm hoping that we can supplant a LOT of Microsquirt builds with them! And it's not even that expensive, only $675 with the harness (plus on-board MAP sensor, serial adapter, and TunerStudio license). So @ExpensiveHoby, shameless self-shill: ditch the old AEM, grab a new Mini (or AMP'd microsquirt if you must to keep the budget down), and help support a fellow FAQer at the same time!  Plus then I absolutely CAN help you get it sorted out and tuned.

(/End self-promotion, I promise I won't do it again, but couldn't help just this once with the new Mini getting mentioned!)

WWW.DIYAUTOTUNE.COM

The MS3Pro Mini by AMP EFI supports GM LS Engines, Bosch Motronic, New Hemi and including a variety of imports engines as well!

I didn’t realize you were part of the MS crew👍🏼 Your efi write up is what inspired me and helped me get mine up and running (MS3x) If I decide to redo my ecu, it’ll be a mini for sure. I like the connectors, ecu size and it just looks cleaner. I think I’m using 1 feature of the x and that’s to power my Quadspark. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, sczapiga said:

I didn’t realize you were part of the MS crew

Yep, almost 4 years now and I like to think that old write up helped get me the job. So Mini has been my first 'new' ECU launch rather than just incremental revisions so I'm quite excited about it! So if you're ever in GA come on by the DIY shop and say hi!

20 minutes ago, AustrianVespaGuy said:

Yep, almost 4 years now and I like to think that old write up helped get me the job. So Mini has been my first 'new' ECU launch rather than just incremental revisions so I'm quite excited about it! So if you're ever in GA come on by the DIY shop and say hi!

You definitely helped me with tuning and throttle linkage. I can see why they hired you. Good luck Carl!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

28 minutes ago, AustrianVespaGuy said:

That’s so cool, and yes I will come by sometime. Maybe that’s when I’ll upgrade:)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jimk said:

With a Haltech 1500 you can ditch the E30 throttle body, Idle Valve, throttle linkag/cable, tps and buy a used Bosch DBW throttle

Halltech makes good ECUs, and Bosch TBs have indeed gotten rather ubiquitous. Jim, do you already happen to know what electronic pedal fits nicely in a 2002? Since there aren't many (any?) bottom pivot ones, how do you mount it, just straight to the firewall? This could be fun, and doing away with the IAC and linkage conundrums would really be nice. . .