• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash updates from MVP

29 minutes ago, Dudeland said:

Loosing hope.... 

No!!! 😂

I’m about to send mine to paint so gonna pull the dash and give a fix a try with some flex seal paste I saw someone else use online. Worst case scenario it will be more solid to take the plastic cap I already have for it. I don’t want to take the glass out twice with fresh paint! Come on MVP. Don’t cost a grand! 😂😂

3 hours ago, Highnote1 said:

No!!! 😂

I’m about to send mine to paint so gonna pull the dash and give a fix a try with some flex seal paste I saw someone else use online. Worst case scenario it will be more solid to take the plastic cap I already have for it. I don’t want to take the glass out twice with fresh paint! Come on MVP. Don’t cost a grand! 😂😂

LOL. 

My dash was really (really) trashed when I got the car, so I am not shedding any tears when I put mounts on it. 

I am about to cut out the lighter hole to mount an automotive rocker switch sized mount for some electronics in it and a pull for the fire suppression system.

I respect a good looking dash, but I give myself permission to be pragmatic about what I want to do with my car.  I am not building it for anyone else but me.  I am building it the best and safest way that I can with the underlying goal of having fun, and not taking it so seriously, embracing my inner Wabi Sabi. 

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

My dash is somewhat cracked and I'm in the midst of prepping for exterior paint by mid-year.

Unless the new dash is sub-$1K AND available for when I reassemble (Aug?), which I highly doubt it will be, then thats the way it is, no new dash for me.

I'm ok with a few cracks, I'm not perfect why expect the car to be 🙂 

• Like 2

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

2 hours ago, JsnPpp said:

I'm ok with a few cracks, I'm not perfect why expect the car to be 🙂 

Yes, embracing the Wabi Sabi.  Very Good! 😊

Wabi0.jpg

Wabi1.jpg

Edited by JohnS
  • Like 3

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

@JohnS Looks great to me. And at this stage I'll take a running driving car over the parts pile I have in the garage any day. I have similar cracks. All good. A dash cover and away we go!

Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

On 4/20/2024 at 11:56 PM, AceAndrew said:

^ I tried to explain that to the other fellows while they were in the data-collection faze.  Apparently someone else they were talking to convinced them otherwise.

Too bad, they excluded a lot of potential buyers.

Checked out "Justdashes.com" after seeing them on a Jay Leno episode.  They will do your 02 dash for about 2800.  Completely new skin vacuformed over your old foam after it's been repaired.  Beautiful work.  Saw some dashes on their website they had done for 02's and a CS.  I got mine done locally with my interior guy Brimar Upholstory for $700 with great result.  It had a few cracks and a hole I drilled in it to install a guage cluster to the right of the instrument binnacle were repaired and the texture was matched.  He then painted it with a vinyl paint which looks great.

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318