• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best source for Houndstooth fabric?

Seeking recommendation for high quality fabric.   I'm planning to install houndstooth upholstery (center sections of seats) in my 1600 Cabriolet and wanted to know who provides the best material that will stand the test of time? Any recommendations? Does it need backing? Wool,  poly, or blend?

• Like 1

'73 2002tii Colorado

'71 1600 cabriolet

'69 1600 cabriolet

I sell floor pans for coupes and 2002's

Have you tried contacting Dirk DeGroen (Florida) or Stefan at GTS Classics (Texas)?  

WWW.CLASSICCARSEATS.COM

In the quest to build the best seats for your classic car and project, GTS Classics is always looking for the newest materials, patterns and combinations.

Edited by jgerock

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Stefan at GTS Classics. Super guy, super service, great reputation. He found me this particular material when NOBODY else could. German wool.

unnamed-7.jpeg

• Like 3

1974 2002 Tii-SOLD

1978 911SC Coupe

1988 Landcruiser

2020 M2 CS

I have heard nothing but good things about Stefan / GTS Classics.  I would definitley make contact.  You can check these folks out as well, I have purchased quite few things from them over the years (some Porsche bits found their way on to my Alpina 2002).  They have the 'tooth', or at least its listed on their site.

WWW.AASESALES.COM

Aase Sales Porsche Parts catalog for all interior parts

5 hours ago, NYNick said:

Stefan at GTS Classics. Super guy, super service, great reputation. He found me this particular material when NOBODY else could. German wool.

unnamed-7.jpeg

Wow!  That is freekin' gorgeous!

this is german made and in stock local here in LA

SIERRAMADRECOLLECTION.COM

Excellent, German quality reproduction of the very popular Pepita cloth for early 911, 912, 914 and even the 356C models. Similar products that are available are only 400 gr/m2 in "clothing" quality and are not fully correct. This material is sold per linear meter. The width of the material...

18' Racing Yellow 911 GT3
71' Agave Green 2002
10' Silver Landcruiser 200 series
10' White Landcruiser Prado 150 series

Stefan has a great reputation, and it’s easy and fast to get samples from Relicate. 

Here’s a very nice source in the UK—

WWW.CLASSICFX.NET

Pepita Houndstooth Fabric: Pepita Houndstooth Fabric in Red B&W: Pepita Houndstooth Fabric in Blue...

They are merino wool with 2% nylon for durability.