• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door seal "U channel" that runs up the B pillar?

Monty
Go to solution Solved by Lucky 7,

I can't make out the diagram in the larger parts manual.

What I need to know is what is the part # / name of the strip that sits behind the door weatherstripping and runs up the B pillar. I also believe it runs across the top of the door opening (and on top of the headliner) and down the A pillar. Is it the same a the window guid?

Any help would be appreciated .

Chas.

On 2/2/2024 at 2:55 PM, Monty said:

I can't make out the diagram in the larger parts manual.

What I need to know is what is the part # / name of the strip that sits behind the door weatherstripping and runs up the B pillar. I also believe it runs across the top of the door opening (and on top of the headliner) and down the A pillar. Is it the same a the window guid?

Any help would be appreciated .

Chas.

FYI: the pinch welt only runs up the B pillar & stops. The piece that starts at the A pillar runs over the door area, across the top of the B pillar and over the rear side window to the C pillar.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

O2Les,  could you expand on the the piece "The piece that starts at the A pillar runs over the door area, across the top of the B pillar and over the rear side window to the C pillar.".

Name or part# ?

Thanks

I think this is what you're looking for, and IIRC it's sold by the meter, not in specifically cut lengths.  Looking at the sketch below (from Realoem.com), there's a single piece of pinchwelt that begins at the bottom of the front door opening's leading edge (abutting the forward edge of the sill door seal), travels all the way around the A pillar and roof, continuing along the rear quarter window and ending at the bottom of the Hoffmeister kink at the lower back edge of the quarter window. 

Then there's a separate, smaller piece that begins at the bottom of the door's trailing edge (abutting the trailing edge of the sill door seal) and runs vertically on the B pillar's leading edge to where it meets the longer piece at the top of the B pillar.  

image.png

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

7 hours ago, Monty said:

O2Les,  could you expand on the the piece "The piece that starts at the A pillar runs over the door area, across the top of the B pillar and over the rear side window to the C pillar.".

Name or part# ?

Thanks

Yes, what Mike S. said.

Where the pinch welt crosses over the B pillar, the bottom of the pw is cutout. 

DSCN3393sm.thumb.JPG.233b5824a858f53070e9ed1b9f335533.JPG

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Les, thanks for the picture. Yes, these are the (pieces) I am looking for. I have seen the diagram Mike posted and just couldn’t place it inside the car and behind the weatherstripping. But, I never said I was smart.

Chas.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mike Self said:

I think this is what you're looking for, and IIRC it's sold by the meter, not in specifically cut lengths.  Looking at the sketch below (from Realoem.com), there's a single piece of pinchwelt that begins at the bottom of the front door opening's leading edge (abutting the forward edge of the sill door seal), travels all the way around the A pillar and roof, continuing along the rear quarter window and ending at the bottom of the Hoffmeister kink at the lower back edge of the quarter window. 

Then there's a separate, smaller piece that begins at the bottom of the door's trailing edge (abutting the trailing edge of the sill door seal) and runs vertically on the B pillar's leading edge to where it meets the longer piece at the top of the B pillar.  

image.png

And a final even smaller piece on the trailing edge of the B pillar from the quarter window sill up to the top of the pillar. Three pieces per side.