• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found: 10mm wrench

Jim_75Sahara

Like @Lucky 7, I have found quite a few tools in my cars over the years.  Some that I've found were even tools that I hadn't lost.  😁

My best tool find was, indeed, a 10mm vintage Craftsman socket.  It was wedged in the crevice where the frame rail meets the firewall.  I still have that socket today.

• Like 1

Josh (in Dallas)

'72 tii

Real question, who here would be prone to losing/forgetting a tool in a car?  My first project was a Moto Guzzi Eldorado resto and I spent more time looking for tools than using them. I’d set them down carelessly and it would take forever to find them. Since then, I force myself to put tools back when I’m done rather than set them down randomly. My 2002 project has been so much less frustrating. 😂 

• Like 3

I restored a vw bug in a narrow 1 car garage it got so messy I couldnt find a thing, I eventually after hunting repeatedly for tools dragged the car out found all the tools cleaned them and stored them correctly, was a big self lesson not be a messy bastard and practice what I preached to my sparkie apprentices….

Do I still lose tools … totally, but if I find them they will be clean and have a home or in the neighbours pool ! 🙄

Edited by SydneyTii
  • Like 2

The 2 things I remember from when I got my A&P license is build your tool box so every tool has a nest so when the jobs done open all the drawers and make sure every slot is filled, the second thing is never put your name on your tools in case the first safety fails.

image.png.7c04a1127dde99bdb43275123b35de6d.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

10 minutes ago, Lucky 7 said:

Or engrave them with your least favorite coworkers name?🤣

Reminds me of a lawyer who was a total douche to me, so I took his card and went to the closest park and ride and left it under the wiper of a nice black Porsche with a note on the back that said "sorry I hit your car, call me and we'll work it out. All in all a great day.   

• Haha 1

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

Whilst speaking of Charles Schulz's characters, like Pigpen, I just got a big ole box of even more tools from a friend the other day. Right after my post here. I now have at least 5 of everything.  Yeah for me, oh the irony!  

instead of outer box Bimmer renderings, I may start throwing in 10mm sockets or a random tool. 

see tag line below. 

Edited by conkitchen
  • Like 1

But what do I know

3 minutes ago, Son of Marty said:

Reminds me of a lawyer who was a total douche to me, so I took his card and went to the closest park and ride and left it under the wiper of a nice black Porsche with a note on the back that said "sorry I hit your car, call me and we'll work it out. All in all a great day.   

Brilliant! 

But what do I know

21 hours ago, Lucky 7 said:

Real question, who here would be prone to losing/forgetting a tool in a car?  My first project was a Moto Guzzi Eldorado resto and I spent more time looking for tools than using them. I’d set them down carelessly and it would take forever to find them. Since then, I force myself to put tools back when I’m done rather than set them down randomly. My 2002 project has been so much less frustrating. 😂 

Oh man, me.  I more often have 1-2 hour chunks of time to work on my car vs longer 4+ hour time blocks.  So, I find that I’m tempted to maximize the time by leaving the tools right where they were so I don’t have to “waste time” getting them back out of the box again when I restart the project for another 1 hour block on the next day.  

We all know how that works out…as a result of this bad behavior I’ve (temporarily) lost a good chunk of tools and a ton of time.  Unlikely I saved any time, of course.  

I think the other piece of it is that I enjoy the actual work process more than I do the cleaning up and putting things away.  That just feels like a chore.   

Anyway, it’s a bad lifetime habit that’s been difficult to change.  

• Like 2

On 11/24/2023 at 6:50 PM, 72pdx02 said:

I found this old screwdriver down in the nose of my car. I like to think Hanz dropped it there during assembly. (Doubtful) 

IMG_0984.jpeg

I am missing a screwdriver out of tool storage area of a new to me F10 535i. Willing to sell yours? 

IMG_0046.thumb.jpg.a22fe07d6d16572667df17ef6d5e1cf0.jpg

76 2002 Sienabraun

2015 BMW F10

On 12/6/2023 at 12:45 AM, Son of Marty said:

I should have done this to my ex-wife's lawyer.

• Haha 1