• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SANTA!!!!!!!! ( the BMW 2002 Santa to be Specific)

Dudeland

Ok, so what does everyone want the 02 Santa to bring this year? 

Apparently, a new dash is off the list.    I am looking at some Rugged Radios and ....  I know... but being a safety guy,  a fire suppression system.   Rugged Radios has some good black Friday sales on, and I am doing a road trip next year (hopefully to meet some of you folks); and want to be able to keep the windows down, revs high,  and not have to yell at my co-pilot. 

And yes, I will keep it off one ear to keep it all legal. 

I have been a good boy... I think. 

image.thumb.png.4a6475215f8ca9ccd2fada7bdef2c878.png

• Like 1

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

Nah, they're just for completely non - stock mods, however you could adapt it for e21 or Turbo disks.
Alcon is just one of the Aftermarket / Race Brake manufacturers like AP Racing Wilwood Endless Tarox and so on.
They still have/produce one caliper that is no longer in their online Catalogue but still available on special order that I really fancy.

I will be running an e9 disc on a Neue Klasse Strut with replaced damper Tube - I searched for an Aluminium 4 Piston Caliper for a 272x22 Disc and this is the closest/nicest match to my needs. 
A radial mounted one that doesn't look too ridiculous like e.g. AP Racing CP4567 would be my favourite but they're all either max 21mm or 25+ mm they formerly had one for a 22mm disc but it's NLA.
So if anybody knows a radial mounted 4 piston alloy caliper for a 272x22mm disc that isn't colourful anodised ond looks a bit classic - let me know. Piston diameter should be around 40mm

Edited by uai
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 66m10 said:

Have you seen the brakes from DS Motorsport? Vented and slotted rotors with an aluminium 4 piston caliper that's not hideous.

But i have no idea about rotor dimensions and and piston diameter

Do you mean these?
https://www.ds-motorsport.de/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/csm_historisch_12_fb6944840a-1.jpg
These are the replicas of the Lockheed Girling AR5 calipers. 
Also for larger (wider discs) but period correct and homologated back then.

Edited by uai
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, uai said:

Do you mean these?
https://www.ds-motorsport.de/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/csm_historisch_12_fb6944840a-1.jpg

I can‘t see your link but i‘m sure we both mean the same. 

Thanks for educating me on the calipers. 
It seems like they have them on their NK under 14 inch wheels, that‘s why i thought they could fit your needs. I didn‘t know they are for a wider disc. 

17 hours ago, 0257 said:

All I want for Christmas is my LSD.

I have been eyeing a Wavetrac, but Rugged Radios is on sale.   Which one is going to make the biggest impact?  Tunes and talking is important when travelling,   LSD you use every time you turn the key.  

I have been a good boy.. but not that good. 

When I have the guts torn out of the car, I feel it would be better to run the Fire Suppression and Stereo stuff and make sure I have proper clamps holding everything to the car.  

What LSD are you going with,  E21 or something else??

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

6 hours ago, 66m10 said:

I can‘t see your link but i‘m sure we both mean the same. 

Thanks for educating me on the calipers. 
It seems like they have them on their NK under 14 inch wheels, that‘s why i thought they could fit your needs. I didn‘t know they are for a wider disc. 

17 hours ago, uai said:

Do you mean these?

Santa just told me that I should be a good boy and offer some free bead blasting service for ugly painted callipers.  So that is in the table If I could help out. 

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

I'd just  be happy with a set of 185/70 x 13 tires that are actually good (wet and dry) and don't cost an arm and a leg (like the Pirellis).  

What's available now is either from a known manufacturer but not so great--especially in the wet--or from a maker whose name is unknown, and made in a country not even slightly known for tire manufacture.  

And no, I don't want to go to 14 or 15" wheels and give up the factory alloys it took me 20+ years to find...

Please, Santa...

mike

• Haha 2

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

9 hours ago, Dudeland said:

I have been eyeing a Wavetrac, but Rugged Radios is on sale.   Which one is going to make the biggest impact?  Tunes and talking is important when travelling,   LSD you use every time you turn the key.  

I have been a good boy.. but not that good. 

When I have the guts torn out of the car, I feel it would be better to run the Fire Suppression and Stereo stuff and make sure I have proper clamps holding everything to the car.  

What LSD are you going with,  E21 or something else??

I’ll be taking delivery shortly of a Russtii conversion.  He’s using e36 guts in a 2002 case, with an e21 rear cover.  Apparently the guts drop right in, and everything bolts up as before. Looking forward to trying it out.

‘74 Fjord 2002tii (Zouave)

’80 Alpenweiss 528i (Evelyn)

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

‘56 Savage Model 99 in .250-3000

14 hours ago, Mike Self said:

I'd just  be happy with a set of 185/70 x 13 tires that are actually good (wet and dry) and don't cost an arm and a leg (like the Pirellis).  

What's available now is either from a known manufacturer but not so great--especially in the wet--or from a maker whose name is unknown, and made in a country not even slightly known for tire manufacture.  

And no, I don't want to go to 14 or 15" wheels and give up the factory alloys it took me 20+ years to find...

Please, Santa...

mike

Mike I got some Michelins a couple of years ago that are quite good, energy XM2, I thought they would be good on the dry and crap in the wet….. maybe my tired old Tii engine is just down on power

So engine rebuild for Xmas is what I want 🎅