• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teany tiny brake servo

NickVyse

I just fitted a teany tiny brake servo to my Touring. Works a treat - nice firm pedal, but not too firm. I don't have a servo in my NK, and you quickly get used to it, but jumping between cars it always surprises how hard the brake pedal is. This is the perfect compromise IMO. Servo came off some Chinese truck clutch. Needs a spacer as the piston rod on the BMW MC doesn't have room inside the servo, but was easily done with a piece of tube and couple of female m8 connectors. I also added a brace on the MC as the servo is only attached with two m8 studs and the leverage of the whole assembly is quite weighty. You could easily cut and weld the whole assembly lower too, leaving even more room for your DCOE filter options.

Just finished a fair few kms on the Provence tour, with some hard driving, and it worked great with no issues. Also swapped the calipers for some Wilwood Superlites - only have to drill out the mounting holes by a fraction to fit on tii struts and with a thin washer to move them inboard they centre over e21 vented disks.

Friend in the UK has bought this servo to test on a RHD 02 - should work I reckon and no more failing remote servos and complex plumbling (just some swearing when it comes to changing the plugs).

IMG_6918-(1).thumb.jpg.7250f5987a7a616d3ea2032b7b563724.jpg

IMG_6850.thumb.jpg.9720c2801ba0225fd35b5fd150d13a68.jpg

• Like 5

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

I've had wondered if these truck clutch boosters would work, glad you were the pioneer to prove it's working!

Agree that we need some reasonable cost solution for the RHD cars, as those old ATE T50s are getting hard to fix.

Great innovation!

• Like 1

'59 Morris Minor, '67 Triumph TR4A, '68 Silver Shadow, '72 2002tii, '73 Jaguar E-Type,

'73 2002tii w/Alpina mods , '74 2002turbo, '85 Alfa Spider, '03 Lotus Elise

Nice!  Please be a hero and post details of the servo - part number, etc.  We over here in the US don't see many Chinese trucks, so not sure if we can even get the right part.  The added brace is the one at the back of the MC under and just aft of the fluid reservoir?

There aren't any Chinese trucks over here in France either, but we do have the internet 😆

Here you go

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004676987732.html

Yes to your brace question - I had a spare stock brace from the back of the servo, so I tweaked that to fit. It also required a plate to mount it to the pedal box assembly so you need to get creative. Same with the connection, but it's simples when you look at it.

2 minutes ago, tzei said:

Toyota HJ, Dyna. Mitsubishi Canter etc…

are you sure that's not this slightly bigger one? I had this down as a nissan part, but obviously there's a lot of cross over. It's still a lot smaller than a tii servo.

nissan2.thumb.jpg.a68379125d11fce7bd79a4d8561f9f3c.jpg

A great innovation!  Would be great to have any specs you can give for the job. Would make a good tech article too.  I’d run one of these in my tii in a heartbeat just to get the extra space in that crowded compartment (saving my stock booster, of course, in case I ever — gasp — want to sell Zouave).

‘74 Fjord 2002tii (Zouave)

’80 Alpenweiss 528i (Evelyn)

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

‘56 Savage Model 99 in .250-3000

16 minutes ago, 0257 said:

A great innovation!  Would be great to have any specs you can give for the job. Would make a good tech article too.  I’d run one of these in my tii in a heartbeat just to get the extra space in that crowded compartment (saving my stock booster, of course, in case I ever — gasp — want to sell Zouave).

Not to be a dick, but if you couldn't make it work with one in your hand you probably shouldn't be messing with the brakes. It's one thing doing a tech article with BMW stock parts, it's another for something weird on a critical component. Wouldn't like to think of people misinterpreting the detail of my installation and the worst happening.

But I am happy to say it's not difficult and has so far worked well for me.

The Smart booster was done at least once, I seem to recall.

But a clutch booster- good gravy, what will they think of next?

Septiquadricennial cupcake- in- a- cup?

...but thanks, Nick, that was a fun rabbit hole-

and now, I've got to go get some things ordered

from our favorite Asian trading partner...

t

• Haha 1

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL