• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E21 big bearing hubs

Guys I had some brake parts fall in my lap…well almost, so quick question, I have a Tii, I have a set of big bearing hubs in the post, so if my memory serves me correctly, the Tii bearings will work in the e21 big bearing hubs?

I have spaced calipers in my shed from an e12…I think😜

And e21 vented discs.

Also can I get studs instead of later style wheel bolts for my new hubs? I want to use my shiny new superlite wheel nuts🙄 I’m assuming I can?

Edited by SydneyTii

Yes, the bearings are the same.  I bought studs for my early e21 hubs (see pic).  I just bought Gorilla studs off Ebay in the correct thread and length.

An issue I ran into was the keeper screw for the brake rotors.  You may or may not have the same issue.  If you need the smalled screws, let me know.  They are hard to find, but now I don't need them.  I will sell them to you at a reasonable price.  See the related thread here:  

image.thumb.jpeg.6a3e4651a27e021cab8535f85afe0007.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Karl B.

1974 2002tii Malaga ("Conrad") -->> Conrad's Restoration Blog

2003 330i ZHP 6-spd

2011 328i xDrive

Yep- 

early E21 hubs, '77 only (US) vented rotors, E12 calipers, tii struts bolts together just like they were

all off the same car.  Bearings are from early E21.

buying wheel retaining studs from ePay is, however, not such a good idea.

Find a brick and mortar place, and pay with a credit card or check.

I like Turner's studs, for the locating pilots on them, but they're overkill for a street car.

t

• Thanks 1

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I think the only issue you might run into is whether the spaced calipers will work with your wheels or not.  Especially if you're using 13" wheels.

• Like 1

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

2 minutes ago, JohnS said:

I think the only issue you might run into is whether the spaced calipers will work with your wheels or not.  Especially if you're using 13" wheels.

Yep, my test fit with my 14" Panasports showed VERY little clearance.  I may have to use some thin spacers.  13" wheels are likely a no-go.

• Like 1

Karl B.

1974 2002tii Malaga ("Conrad") -->> Conrad's Restoration Blog

2003 330i ZHP 6-spd

2011 328i xDrive

3 hours ago, John76 said:

Ya need the big bear wheels for your big bearing hubs.

Thanks to @Ray...🐻

NEW_15_inch_4x100_4x114_3_Ronal_style_TEDDY_BEAR_Retro_DEEP_DISH_alloy_wheels_VW_01_hh.jpg.808830a77be579bacfd4419cb2afc7d0.jpg

My brother has like two sets of Teddie's for his Hondas. I almost borrowed them for the 2002 😂

• Like 1

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2