• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering Wheel Identification

HobieDog

Curious if anybody can help to identify this wheel that’s in my ‘02. Looks similar to an mtech1, but a little different.  I originally thought it was an early e30 wheel but it’s not. I really like it but can’t find anything matching in the various searches I am running,,.

Possibly not a bmw wheel, but it sure does look like one.

458AAA89-545A-4F58-A37D-32CDE75E071F.jpeg

• Like 1

As others have said, it’s the M1 wheel with the leather removed and the wrong center cap. 
The part number for the cap/emblem is 32332206203. I believe they’re still available.

Does anybody recognize the symbol in picture 2? Petri logo? 

thanks,

bob

8417F2EA-EC64-42FD-8BAE-0C71CCD2F99B.jpeg

360F8171-169B-4DAE-8F72-14E258CA6CE7.jpeg

• Like 1

71 2002

85 M635

89 327is

98 M3

Thanks all!  That put me on the right track.

While researching further I discovered a post on mye28 explaining that the M1 and M535i wheels were slightly different, with the M1 wheel being a little smaller in diameter.  I found the part number on mine and it is the M1 variant (32332205848). I’ve discovered a few nice surprises (this relatively rare wheel, big brakes front and back)  in this car and some not-so-nice (rotted subframe mounts). 

thanks @bob02 for the cap part number, I’ll try and dig one up!

anybody have recommendations on a reliable place to have this re-covered?