• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scored a vintage Nardi wheel - karma helped

Pablo M

Gifted this Nardi wheel by a good friend. Very good friend, who loves how involved I am with my two boys and how I’ve gotten them into cars. I had them wrench with me when they were smaller and now my 20 yr old has done a few engine swaps on his own (first one, to get his first car running hahaha). Latest was the fire rebuild of his dream car e30. Younger one wants to design cars (Art Center College of Design tuition will kill me). Both of them and I also build car scale models (1/24 scale, and they’re award winning models). 
A good friend of my friend, a fellow car enthusiast, had heard stories from him about my kids and admired the enthusiasm. 
he recently passed away and gave my friend the steering wheel for my 2002. It’s a longer story than that but you’re bored already lol. 

Not in pristine shape but very good condition overall. Mounted hub may not work on 2002 but I have a Momo hub that lines up with bolt pattern. Need horn button though. Nice finger impressions on back of wheel too. 

photos:

image.thumb.jpeg.dc847754ddbf36246859c9e66f82ba76.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.62d485d23ae439abb43c25168c6e904a.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.4b8b66bcea1f0e6d3caf59eceed53c45.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.adafec317ad5c944bce581ea7dfee3fb.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.49bacb685f820da31d53ece8fb46a6ff.jpeg

I feel incredibly lucky to be the recipient of such generosity. I’m of the mind that if I can, I do help others, regardless if I stand to benefit at all. If I can, I do. 

• Like 11

2003 e39 M5 (daily)

1986 e30 325es (sons car)

1972 2002tii (fun daily alternative)

Nice wheel and nice story.  A little Simichrome polish will do wonders for those spokes, or just leave the patina.

You should be able to find a horn button on Ebay, but you'll probably need to drill a hole in the hub to accommodate the spring-loaded horn contact button.

Noting quite as nice as a wood-rim steering wheel to admire and feel while you're driving...

mike

• Like 3

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

22 hours ago, Mike Self said:

You should be able to find a horn button on Ebay, but you'll probably need to drill a hole in the hub to accommodate the spring-loaded horn contact button.

Correct on hub thats mounted to it but Momo hub I have has a hole for wire! 

Thanks. I'll look for a button.

Edited by Pablo M

2003 e39 M5 (daily)

On 2/21/2023 at 9:49 PM, Mike Self said:

A little Simichrome polish will do

Just finding out its not available in CA. Can't even get it shipped here from elsewhere. You happen to have a partial tube you'd sell? :)

2003 e39 M5 (daily)

6 hours ago, Pablo M said:

Just finding out its not available in CA. Can't even get it shipped here from elsewhere. You happen to have a partial tube you'd sell? :)

There are many metal polishes available, at least in the rest of the world!  Try your big box parts stores.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif